CORDIC Implementation In UDB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to implement the CORDIC sin or cos function in a UDB? I would think that using the internal datapath in the UDB would allow for a serial CORDIC algorithm to be made.

Is this feasible?

DiodeDan 

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Diode Dan,

Shifting operation can be done easily using Datapath. Also Comparison is possible in Datapath using the Conditions Block.

The look-up table values can be transferred to the UDB using DMA. These basic requirements for implementing CORDIC Algorithm is facilitated  in UDB Block of PSoC.

I haven't tried implementing this. It will be an interesting work to do on Datapath.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

are there any news about cordic implementation?

I did some effords to do this, but had almost ressource problems. It used Datapath for shifting and adding and so on... but finally it didnt worked well nor was it complete.

Transferring the coefficients through DMA sounds interesting.

It would be very nice to see it as example.

Bye

Franz

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,
I need urgent help to implement a UDB or a
documented example of implementation in UDB
thank you in advance.
bye

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I need urgent help to implement a UDB or a documented example of implementation in UDB
best regards.
bye

------------------------------

Bonjour l'ami

J'ai besoin d'aide pour comprendre comment implémenter un UDB block reconfigurable de CYpress avec un PSOC5

Merci d'avance.

Cordialement

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Implementation of a UDB?

Could you give some more details about what it is that youre trying to achieve?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi kmmankad

Thank you for your prompt response.

I try for some time:
Make: A kind of "arithmetic interpreter" on PSoC.
Create a small program that takes as input PSoC programs such as:
2 + 3.
4-5.
2345 + 3452.
3242/3.
43 242 * 7.
and returns the results.

The idea is to write small programs like this in files that are sent to the PSoC will then read the program and writes the results to another output file. (file of results)
Once I get to do and understand that, I'm going to try to implement a small lisp interpreter in the PSoC I could expand to run other programs.

I badly need help, advice and examples.

If other experts here have simple solutions, I will be happy to share their knowledge on this subject.

Best Regards

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

um...okay.

Sounds do-able.

So,these input files are via an SD card or similar? .. And output also similarly a txt file or similar back to the SD card?

Cuz then you could simply read them using some smart string parsing and evaluate them.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi  kmmankad

Thank you for your prompt response,

Via sd or whatever other.....
For example, a small C program (containing the first part of the explanation above.)
This C program is loaded into the CPU to control operation in Datapath .....
Read LCD output or Hyperterm, etc. ...

The important thing is how to write in the register of the Datapath (with a C), perform operations controlled by the CPU into the Datapath and retrieve the results of these operations.
Thank you in advance

Regards   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Parrain,

In order to use the Datapath, you need to use the Data Configuration Tool.

Please go through the following videos which explain how to use the datapath in PSoC.

1) Intro to Datapath Components

2) Datapath API Generation

3) Multi-Byte Datapath Components

4) Datapath FIFOs

5) Datapath Computation

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dasg

Thank you for your help
I watched the 10 videos, component creation and understanding of datapath. But I have not made ​​much progress on the design of my small application (mentioned above). especially how operations are carried out and when? etc ... So I still have not succeeded and I have not found an example at hand.

Regards

0 Likes