Is source code of download tool able to be released?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RyMu_1654936
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor
First like received 250 sign-ins 100 sign-ins

Hi Broadcom team,

On our system, WiCED module is connected to host system. Host system is 3G modem incluidng Application processor.

We'd lik to download WiCED SW from our host system. It can save time on MP line.

Also we use OTA for host system through cellular network. After upgrade host system thru OTA, we'd like to download updated WiCED SW from host system to WiCED module using serial I/F.

BTW, I can't find out souce code of download tool. If source code is opened, it'll be the best.

Otherwise there is any guidance, it'll be great help.

Plese let me know if you can provide and guidance or source code. Thanks .

Regards,

Ryan.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

have a look at the apps/waf/sflash_writer , this is an application that is used to write to the sflash, we make OpenOCD call this application (which resides in RAM). Also, if interested, WICED SDK 2.4.1 had a manufacturing make file that was used to do the manufacturing writing of flash, it is not yet supported in WICED SDK 3.1.1 but it still uses the sflash_write application.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Bassem

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Reading and Writing applications to WICED is done through WICED framework APIs. Have a look at libraries/deamons/ota_server/wiced_ota_server.c, which is calling wiced framework APIs to update the applications. also read the ota_fr.c comments to grasp a more insight of what is WICED multi application.

0 Likes
RyMu_1654936
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor

Hi

Let me try with source code OTA side.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Ryan.

0 Likes
RyMu_1654936
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor

Hi Bassem,

I'd like to download WICED FW image from Host system to WICED during manumacturing.

Consequently, I need to implement download tool in the host system. Host system will be AP+Modem.

If BRCM open source code of download tool, I can refer it. Could you open source code of download tool?

Regards,

Ryan.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

have a look at the apps/waf/sflash_writer , this is an application that is used to write to the sflash, we make OpenOCD call this application (which resides in RAM). Also, if interested, WICED SDK 2.4.1 had a manufacturing make file that was used to do the manufacturing writing of flash, it is not yet supported in WICED SDK 3.1.1 but it still uses the sflash_write application.

Hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Bassem

0 Likes
RyMu_1654936
Level 3
Level 3
Distributor

Hi Bassem,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Regards,