How to set FX3 working at full speed?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all:

I have a FX3 DVK Rev.3 .I want to set Fx3 working at full speed .How I can do?(BTW,FX3 connect to XHCI PORT ).

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You can use CyU3PConnectState to force HS. Connecting a FS host is the only way of forcing FX3 into FS. Please let me know why you want to do this?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to do this as well to test out the operaiton of my device at all speeds.  If I can, then I can write a simple script to test out any of my SW changes at all speeds using one Host.  If I can not, then I either need to by three seperate hosts at worse, or have three seperate devices behind different hubs or something.  Either way, my regression complexity goes way up.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can configure between HS and SS as specified in my previous response. For FS you'll have to use a FS host or a FS hub in the middle.

Regards,

Anand 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ken

Does FS work in your setup? I had troubles running the BulkLoop Demos when connecting the FX3 to a FS hub. Therefore I am curious to know the outcome of your tests.

-Silvio

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Silvio,

Please share details of the issue faced. If there are things that haven't been taken care in the SDK then I would like to get them addressed.

Thanks,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have posted this some time ago but didn't get any reply: http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=167&rID=62039

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am able to get it to connect if I connect to a usb3 host, using a legacy usb2 micro cable.  In this mode, it works as a usb2 device.  I am stil trying different options.  I would really like a SW option that I could go in, set a flag and then cause me to re-enumerate and force usb2 mode.  It makes my testing in house and on the manufacting line more expensive as I now need to have multiple test setups and mantinance on them, training, etc...  😞

Ken

0 Likes