Accelerometer with PSoC 3 FirstTouch Starter kit

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

A friend of mine gave me this board to try the accelerometer on it but i don't have the kit related to the accelerometer. I am using PSoC creator 2.0, someone would like to give me a project exemple with the accelerometer?

thank you

0 Likes
14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am assuming that you are referring to this kit here, http://www.cypress.com/?rID=38235 . If yes, then you can download the installer for this kit, which will install the User Guide. Follow the user  guide and you should be able to find the example code that demonstrates the use of accelerometer on this kit. 

If you intend to interface any other standard accelerometer, let us know.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

4.1.1 of the starter kit guide

This is exactly what i am missing, the code examples. When i open up psoc creator, the kit content is blank. Are they available from a custom installation because i`ve installed the software with typical settings.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this download the content of the CD ?     CY8CKIT-003 PSoC 3 FTK Kit Only (Kit Design Files, Documentation, Examples) ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi arpeggio,

Please download and install from the "CY8CKIT-003 PSoC 3 FTK Kit Only" file which you have mentioned in the previous comment.

The 5 example projects associated with the FTK (First Touch Kit) will be installed. You can then program the project onto your FTK.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've downloaded the program and loaded the bubble level example successfully!    Now how do you tell the X-axis, when i tilt the board on my the left the rightmost led turns on, when i tilt it to my right, the leftmost led lits on , so the x-axis is paralle to the leds?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arpeggio,

The FTK has a triple axis accelerometer KXSC7-2050. The specs of this accelerometer can be found in its datasheet.

In the "Bubble Level" project, the X-axis of the accelerometer is utilized. It continuously reads the X-axis and converts it to a digital value using Delsig ADC. The value read is an indication of the tilt of the board along X axis.

The tilt value is offset and scaled to update the LED display.

You can refer to the example project and read the comments to understand its working.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update your psoc creator or install latest version of psoc creator from cypress websit. Connect your kit to computer and launch psoc creator and in right side go to sample project there you find program with schematic and code on accelerometer .

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If u want screenshot of psoc example project I'll send u that also.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

For first touch start kit by cypress go to link given below

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=38235

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

First touch starter kit user guide which contain all information about the kit and about sample projects 

Go to link:

http://www.cypress.com/?docID=29790

It will give sample projects schematic and codes.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So i got the bubble level program up and running and it works fine! I`ve also tried to change the calibration values but where i live it is fine with the default values.

Another little application with the same code:

Put the board as much parallel to your desk and give it an acceleration on one side, the LED on the other side of the array should light up. Hope this helps understand the accelerometer.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

arpeggio,

The accelerometer responds to both static (acceleration due to gravity) and Dynamic acceleration (due to movement). If you move the board with an acceleration / deceleration without changing its orientation, then the change in the output of the accelerometer will be purely based on the acceleration due to movement alone.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Burn the psoc rock program and check the board accelerometer 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Psoc accelerometer program gives you best intuitive idea of accelerometer use in psoc board

0 Likes