Multiplexing Analog signals to an output pin.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm trying to multiplex two analog signals inside the PSOC 5 to an output pin.  All implementations of the multiplexer say the only valid connection to the input is a GPIO signal.  Is there any way to accomplish what I am trying to do?  I've thought of running the signals out of the chip and then back in, but the board is already laid out.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

On the very first page of the datasheet is noted that the inputs for the AMuxHw MUST be GPIO-pins.

I'm afraid, you'll have to use an AMux or an AMuxSeq which may not be controlled with a signal but must be switched by CPU.

When the frequency is not too high I would suggest to use an interrupt and an Isr-component to switch inputs.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

On the very first page of the datasheet is noted that the inputs for the AMuxHw MUST be GPIO-pins.

I'm afraid, you'll have to use an AMux or an AMuxSeq which may not be controlled with a signal but must be switched by CPU.

When the frequency is not too high I would suggest to use an interrupt and an Isr-component to switch inputs.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Note there is a new option when starting Creator to get a new tab that looks at analog routing onscreen.

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=57718

You could use SW controlled muxes and use ISRs off HW triggers, the ISR in turn performs

writes to control SW mux. Some latency to consider.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Looks like I "doubled" with Bobs reccomendations on this, not paying

attention.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes