How to catch a USB standard request to device?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

For backward compatibility we want to react on a USB standard request (set feature) going to device as target. With the FX3 SDK 1.1.1 the unknown standard requests seems to be no longer forwarded to the CyFxSlFifoApplnUSBSetupCB callback function.

How to implement a manual processing of unknown standard requests?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Chris,

SET_FEATURE is being handled by the firmware. Please let us know which particular FEATURE are you trying to set? i.e. value of wIndex and wValue that you're using

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

At the moment we use a SET_FEATURE request with target device and value = 0x0008, index = 0x0000 for a hardware reset comman to the FPGA due to backward compatibility with an old FX2 design. I know this is a non-standard solution, and the FX3 SDK behavior is a really good point to change the command to a clean vendor request. I triggered our software team and they have a good day today, so they implemented the vendor request command upon failed usb standard request command. Due to this we cannot use old software with the new FX3 design, but this seems to be OK for the moment.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the target of the SET_FEATURE is device then our SDK stack is handling it by default.

Good to know that you've a workaround implemented.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes