the problem of the GAL on cy3684

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hi! I'm a freshman here. I encountered a problem when I using the cy3684 development board. The problem is that: When I inserted the GAL(U2) into the board, PC could not recognize the board; while everything is OK, when I took out the GAL from cy3684 board. I tried 3 GALs on the board, but neither of them is OK. Can anyone know what I say, and can anyone help me to solve the problem? Thank you!!!   
0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What about MM0 and MM1 jumper settings?. Please refer to section 2.8 of EZ-USB Development Kit User Guide (http://www.cypress.com/?docID=27825) for more information about MM0 and MM1 jumper settings.

Thanks

Prajith

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What about MM0 and MM1 jumper settings?. Please refer to section 2.8 of EZ-USB Development Kit User Guide (http://www.cypress.com/?docID=27825) for more information about MM0 and MM1 jumper settings.

Thanks

Prajith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, PRJI!!! I will have try.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I tried the four states of MM0 and MM1, but neither of them is OK to solve the problem. Can anyone else know how to sovle the problem?

Thanks

regards,

xuzhitao

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Was it working properly on the brand new board ? Try this with a different cy3684 development board to check whether this is a board issue. What is the error and VID/PID being displayed for different MM0/MM1 settings?    

Thanks

Prajith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

Sorry for late.

While i connected the board to PC using USB, i did not program the GAL. Is the reason that I should program the GAL before i connect the board to PC?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes