How can I test the highest speed of FX3 with the development kit & examples in FX3 SDK?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I test the highest speed of FX3 with the development kit & examples in FX3 SDK?

Wich host software and firmware?

Thank you!

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

For firmware use "cyfxbulksrcsink" in basic example. For app use: "Streamer"

Nazila

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

I have test the highest speed with cfxbulksrcsink firmware ,but the result  is bad. 

The result is shown in attach file: I have used C++ stream and C# stream , I got diffrenet result , the highest speed is only 29200 KB/s.  

I use NEC D720200F1 based PCI-E(X1) USB3.0 adapt card in this test.

How can I optimize the parameter in software?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use SDK 1.1, follow the steps given in "C:\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.1\firmware\basic_examples\cyfxbulksrcsink\readme.txt". you will have to set CY_FX_EP_BURST_LENGTH = 16 and CY_FX_DMA_SIZE_MULTIPLIER to more than 1.

-dbir

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the changes to the cyfxbulksrcsink as recommended in the readme.txt file, I am only able to get ~160 MB/s throughput into the PC.  Shouldn't I be able to get around 300 MB/s?  What is the maximum throughput I should expect with these examples?  Can the throughput be improved?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

160MB/s sounds like you host controller is connected only to a PCIe 1.1 slot. You can reach the highest USB 3.0 bandwith only with a PCIe 2.0 host controller interface.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it looks like my host controller is in a slot limited to PCIe 1.1.  Thank you!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, 

What about a x4 card connected to a PCIe 1.0 x4 slot?. Theorically PCIe 1.0 gives 250MB/s per slot so it should be enough to achieve the maximum:

250MB/s x 4 > 640MB (USB3.0 spec)

but I am not able to allocate the maximum bandwidth in isochronous endpoint (not values bigger than ~20KB are allowed). Therefore when using a bulk endpoint as required by my application I am not able to achieve a rate bigger than 1,30Gb/s.

Does it seem to be a PCIe issue?.

Best regards,

Israel

0 Likes