Problems with Cypress Update Manager

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have EZ-USB FX3 SDK 1.1 (from 4th-May-2012) installed. This include USB Suite version 1.1.

I would like to update my Cypress USB Suite to the latest version (Vesion 1.1.1,  B432 from 28th May 2012).

However, when I run Cypress Update Manager it says there are no updates.

If I manually download the USB Suite B432 update from your web site and run it, then it says,

"Another verison of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue. To configure or remove the existing version of this product, use  Add/Remove Programs on the control Panel."

But control panel "Add/Remove programs" does not have an entry for USB suite, only for the whole FX3 SDK 1.1

So it seems I have to manually uninstall everything. Then install USB SSuite v1.1.1 B432 manually, then manually re-install each of the separate SDK components from their individual downloads on your web site.

That's really not very convenient. Is there an easier way?

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This will be fixed in the next release. You can always uninstall the packages by re-executing SDK 1.1 installer first.

1.  Execute FX3SDKv1_1.exe

2.       2. Select installation type as custom

3.       3. As shown in attachment , uncheck unwanted packages and click Next

4.       4. Now , manually download the USB Suite B432 update from your web site and run it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That works nicely. Thanks.

I'm glad I waited for a reply before uninstalling.

0 Likes