hardware interface of cmos camera sesnor - Cy7C68013A 56-pin

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to interface 8 bit cmos camera to  USB HS 2.0 controller (Cy7C68013A 56-pin). The 16 line pin outs of the camera is mentioned (also attached). 

Eight data lines (D0-D7)

Three control and synchronisation lines (PCLK,VSYNC,HSYNC)

Two I2C  lines (SDA,SCL)

One LED control line

GND

+3.3V

The cmos camera has a resolution of 640x480 and gives the frame rate of 8 fps. 

The data from the data lines (D0-D7) comes in sync with the PCLK (pixel clock) at a rate of 320ns. The cmos image sensor has a clock of its own which controls the PCLK signal. 

I am now looking into the hardware interface of the cmos camera sensor with the cypress microcontroller (CY7C68013A 56-pin) and these are my interpretations on the hardware connections. 

The cmos camera data lines (D0-D7) needs to be connected to PB0 to PB7 as the slave FIFO interface mode. 

The I2C iterface on CY7C68013A is used to configure the cmos camera registers. 

Data is valid when VSYNC, HSYNC, PCLK all are high.  Where can I interface the PCLK, VSYNC and HSYNC signals ?

Do they need to be interfaced to read/write strobes (SLRD/SLWR) or the interrupt lines (INT0/INT1)  on the micro controller. 

Thank You

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would recommend you to create a tech support case (Myaccount --> Mycases) regarding this. One of our engineer will suggest you on where exactly you should be connecting and also he will be reviewing your schematics once they are ready.

Regards,

sai krishna.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I would recommend you to create a tech support case (Myaccount --> Mycases) regarding this. One of our engineer will suggest you on where exactly you should be connecting and also he will be reviewing your schematics once they are ready.

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Where can I find the answer to this question? I have the same question as gigin.jose, and I am very interested in the answer provided by engineer.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Zheng

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help in interfacing a cmos camera with psoc? I am finding it difficult.. 😞

0 Likes