CYUSB3014: status of GPIO during the HW reset

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What is the status of GPIO during the HW reset and right away after HW reset and before firmware will run

Thank you

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

From there I understand that part of GPIO is tri-state and part not. Is it true? If "yes" can you provide me document which is describe whole picture for every GPIO?

Thank you

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The link of the thread that was mentioned above, talks about the status of GPIOs when bootloader is running.

During hard reset, all GPIOs will be tristated. This point will be mentioned in the new revision of the data sheet.

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this apply to all bootloader modes, or just when booting from USB?

Specifically I would like to know if any other pins are driven during SPI boot.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. In all conditions.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.

I appreciate the fast support.

But the state of the documentation, the approach with the API wrapper, it all makes me quite uncomfortable.  I think in a few years, Cypress should talk to the engineers at its high volume FX3 customers - not to defend its approach on the FX3 but to listen to what the customers have to say.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi gregl,

Thanks for your the valuble feedback.

I am sure that Cypress will do that at some point in future.

Anyways, I would like to get more detailed feedback from you on both documentation and the approach with the API wrapper.

We would like to take your feedback and see if we can do something in the meantime to serve you better.

Please share your valuable inputs to us.

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes