USBFS and Driver Issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I am currently working through Application Note 56377, and I am having some difficulty in setting up the USB drivers for the vendor and product ID's; I am working on Windows 7 x86 with PSoC 5 and CY8CKIT-001.

The error that I am continually running into is changing the product and vendor ID in the .inf file. I am following the tutorial on how to do that, but when I plug in the device, the PSoC is not detected, although my computer does detect that something is plugged into the USB port. When changing the product and vendor ID's, I am using the ones that are setup in the PSoC USBFS, provided in the Application note; is that correct? I am also following the Cypress CyUSB.sys Manual for changing and setting up the drivers. I have the latest version of the Cypress USB Suite.

I have attached the .inf as a text document if anyone is able to look over it and see if there are any errors.

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the error message you're getting?

What OS are you using (XP, Vista??? 32-bit, 64-bit???)

Please post your modified inf file as well here.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on WIndows 7, 32-bit; the error that I am receiving is from Windows, which says, "USB Device not recognized." The modified .inf file is listed in my initial post.

The Cpyress USB suite is (usually) detected by the Device Manager after attempting to upload the driver, but nothing else seems to be working, outside of detecting a faulty driver.

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What is the VID/PID being displayed in devicemanager for the device?

Thanks

Prajith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both the VID and PID are showing up as 0000 when I look them up in the Device Manger.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

VID/PID is 0000 means your device is not enumerating properly. Try with different USB cable.

Thanks

prajith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

First isolate whether the issue is with your hardware (I assume you're using our DVK) or your firmware.

Use a known good firmware (the one that enumerated before the modification) and see if it enumerates. If so on the exact same board + cable system download the firmware that doesn't work. This will let you know if it is a hardware issue or firmware issue.

Once you've done that, if it is a firmware issue then try hooking up a CATC analyzer to see where exactly in the enumeration sequence is your device failing and debug that part of the code to find out why.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could the error be due to the fact that I do not have the external crystal? I have been reading through the documentation on that, but I am still a bit confused; do I simply place a capacitor between C26 and C27 on the underside of the PSoC 5?

Thank you for your assistance.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

See this http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=2233&rID=56823

Thanks

Prajith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to disable WIndows 7's device driver security to get the Cypress driver to work.  Press F8 on boot up there is a menu option to disable device driver security.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yep, you have to.

0 Likes