CA68013A DOWNLOAD *.IIC TO EEPROM(no wave on iic bus)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

I tried to download "my_firmware.iic" to my CY68013A board with two bland new 24LC128 EEPROM(A0,A1,A2:1,0,0 and 1,1,0), below is what i did:

1. Open Cypress suit usb 3.4.7->Cyconsole->EZ-USB interface

2.Select download C:\Cypress\USB\Examples\FX2LP\Vend_ax\Vend_ax.hex to CY68013A's on chip RAM

3.Set Req:0xA9, Value:0x0000, index:0x0000, Length:16, Dir:in,   i got:CD CD CD CD CD.........

4.Set Req:0xA9, Value:0x0000, index:0x0000, Length:1, Dir:out, hex byte: 00

5.Set Req:0xA9, Value:0x0000, index:0x0000, Length:1, Dir:in,  i got:CD again(that means now data be wrote in to EEPROM)

6.Select lg EEPROM->"my_firmware.iic"  i got messagebox: EEPROM NOT ENABLED.

7.I used a oscilloscope to IIC BUS during 0xA9 and lg EEPROM,  i found there is not wave on the BUS!!!

Is there anybody can help me? Thanks! 

0 Likes
13 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a i2cread() function in "my_firmware.hex", when i download it to CY68013A's on chip RAM, it can read my ADC with perfect data return!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using your custom board or FX2LP DVK?

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES, is there any problem?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem at all.

But, I would like to know whether you are using FX2LP DVK or not. I can suggest you based on that.

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, i use my custom board, i have no FX2LP DVK.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any switch on your board to decide whether the EEPROM is connected to FX2LP or not.

Basically the message that you are getting comes when you don't have your EEPROM connected to the chip. Please check whether it is connected properly. If it is connected properly then check EEPROM is getting power correctly. Also the pull ups.

Actually once you connect your board to PC and if it gets detected by the CyConsole then you can directly use the "Lg EEPROM" button on the CyConsole to programm the EEPROM. But before clicking the Lg EEPROM button, that EEPROM should be connected to FX2LP.

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any switch on your board to decide whether the EEPROM is connected to FX2LP or not.

No, i don't have any switch about EEPROM, it's connected to my FX2LP directly.

Basically the message that you are getting comes when you don't have your EEPROM connected to the chip. Please check whether it is connected properly. If it is connected properly then check EEPROM is getting power correctly. Also the pull ups.

Yes, i'm pretty sure the EEPROMs connect to FX2LP well, and pull up is good, because is measure all the ping's voltage for EEPROM chip. and my ADC can be read normally when i download my_firmware.bin to FX2LP's on chip RAM.

Actually once you connect your board to PC and if it gets detected by the CyConsole then you can directly use the "Lg EEPROM" button on the CyConsole to programm the EEPROM. But before clicking the Lg EEPROM button, that EEPROM should be connected to FX2LP.

I think the key problem is not EEPROM connection issue. It should be why there is no wave on IIC bus, and also once i use lg EEPROM to download my_firemware.iic to board, the CLK of IIC bus will be set to low and never go high again(same with C:\Cypress\USB\Examples\FX2LP\EEPROM Images\FX2LP_C0.iic).

you can see my design in attachment!

thanks a lot!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

SDA and SCK lines are interchanged at the EEPROM. SDA of FX2LP chip is connected to the clock of your EEPROM.

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH,Yes, that's it , what a stupid mistake, thank you very much! I will take some fly wire on it  and try it again, also will let you know the result, thanks again!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, the EEPROM is working now,  thank you!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear that it is working at your end.

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, there's another question for EEPROM, CY68013A has a 16K BYTE RAM, 8K for program, 8Kfor data, but we use two 16K BYTE EEPROMs, if my firmware is more longer than 8K in EEPROM, can it work normal? if yes, how does it work? Thanks!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

FX2LP has internal 16KB of RAM. Program memory and data memory are not seperated. Combined memory is 16KB. For more details on memory, please refer to 5th chapter (Memory) of the technical reference manual.

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=38232

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes