USB problem in CY8CKIT-050

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using the 050 kit, have installed capacitor and XTAL and can run using the XTAL.

Problem is, when I try to use the comm USB interface with any of the USB example projects the device does not enumerate, causing the program to hang indefinitely.

Any idea what I may be doing wrong, the computer does not even recognize that a new USB component has been added, so I suspect it's something with the dev kit or program.

Thanks

0 Likes
26 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the kit operate normally with XTAL when you flash it with normal project, may be a LED blink project ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the kit works fine with an XTAL.

I can use the LCD, make a LED flash, basically do everything other than cause the USB to enumerate.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please upload one of your USB projects for us to see. We will try to isolate the issue first. First could take a look at the firmware and project to see if everything is fine.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

One common mistake I have seen with many USB designs is, calling the USBFS_Start() API before thr global interrupt is enabled. If that is done, your chip will be stuck in an infinite loop waiting for the device to enumerate but the fact that interrupts are not enabled does not let enumeration to complete.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Project attached, essentially the USB_UART demo.

I am initiallizing globla interrupts prior to calling GetConfiguration.

Also, not sure if it matters, but I"m running this on a mac under VMWARE.

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to attach the project now

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't seem to be able to attach the file.

Is there an email I can send it to?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you post email id here. I shall shoot an email to your email id and then you can reply.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

guy.ron.at.gmail.com

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took a look at your project and I see that USB component is coded to operate at 3V,

USBUART_1_Start(0, USBUART_1_3V_OPERATION);

Please make sure that your regulators on the 050 kit is set to operate at 3.3V.    
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're set to 3V and the code still hangs at the GetConfiguration() statement.

This also happens when I try to set it to 5V.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me try out the project on a 050 kit w crystal and get back to you.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news on this? This is really holding up the development.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tested the project you sent on a CY8CKIT-050 and I did not see any issues at all. It worked at the first go. 

Lets start debugging this. 

1. First thing, is your device being identified by the PC as USBUART example project, when you plug it in?
  3. Did you install the UASBUART driver ? Select the USB_UART.inf file from the project directory, as the driver for this example, once Windows asks for it.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The project hangs on GetConfiguration(), it does not identify itself to the PC so there is no driver asked for.

It does not get to the point of identifying itself to the PC. I assume you used the same clock setting as in the project I sent?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your code gets stuck at GetConfiguration() because, no valid configuration has been assigned to your USB device. And since your device is not at all recognisd by PC, I suspect the hardware on the board and the cable. Lets eliminate one of the possible cause, could you try using a different USB cable ?

Even if with a different cable the problem continues to exist, you might have to check the connections from Pin P15[6] and P15[7] to the USB connector. 

If all this fine and still the problem continues , it could be something to do with the pull up resistors internal to the device.

Yes, I used your original project wihtout any chages, with the same clock configuration.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tried 2 different USB cables on two different machines (one running VMWare/OSX and one running pure windows).

Same problem persists, I'm able to program the device with both cables, so presumabely those work fine.

Thanks,

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the device is connected to a Windows 7 machine, it will search for a driver and if driver is not found the OS wont notify that you anything. If you go to device manager, you will find a device with no driver installed. I hope this not happening at your end. I would suggest you to raise CRM request at the sametime to get priority support on this one. You can raise a case here, 

http://www.cypress.com/MyAccount/?id=25&techSupport=1&source=headers

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I raised a CRM case, thanks.

The Windows 7 does not recognize the USB product.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is your issue resolved ?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup,sure looks like a case of messed up drivers.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has problem sorted out? If yes, please let me know how to do it

I got similiar problem with CY8CKIT-001 + CY8CKIT-010.

Many thanks

Qingshan

0 Likes
HeLi_263931
Level 8
Level 8
100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored 25 solutions authored

Did you try one of the example projects (the USBFS-HID example is useful, since it doesn't need anything except the *.inf-file on the PC)? Do they work?

One of the pitfalls is to get the voltages right. The USBFS-HID project specifies, in the code, a 3.3V supply voltage, so you need to make sure that the project setting (open the USBFS_HID.cywdr file, go to the 'System' tab, open 'Operating Conditions') and the jumpers on the board match to that (or you change the code to use 5 volts).

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

it seems that you are facing issues on software side and and uninstall psoc creator and driver for PSoC with any uninstaller program and go for installation again and try any project.i think this will sort out your problem

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

@sachinbvp

This thread is a quater of a year old, have a look at the last posting-dates. If we couldn't help him in those days, he would have probably gone back using SN74xxN. Yes, the times are a-changing...

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH sorry bob i didnt notice the date

Thanks otherwise ill not notice the date

0 Likes