Is that possible the CY7C68013 run a firmware larger than 8KB/16KB? How to compile large firmware code of the CY7C68013 under Keil C environment?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear all,

Is that possible the CY7C68013 run a firmware larger than 8KB/16KB? How to compile large firmware code of the CY7C68013 under Keil C environment?

I want to control a LCD and a data acquisition unit by the 8051 of a CY7C68013. Due to a mass of functions for the LCD controlling, the code size of the fireware is larger than the allowed band of the Keil compiler (uVision4), which prompt that "Program Size: data=132.6 xdata=4464 code=5063, Target not created" when I build the project.

As I know, there is only 8 KB code and data RAM in the CY7C68013. Is that possible the CY7C68013 run a firmware larger than 8KB/16KB? And how? How to configure the Keil project? Pls. give me some instructions step by step.

Thanks a lot!

PS: My hardware works well with smaller firmware and a 128 KB EEPROM 24LC128 is connected with CY7C68013  through the I2C. The target setting of my Keil project is shown in the attached figure.

0 Likes
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be able to compile firmware upto 64KB using the settings of our firmware examples. Take one of example firmware which has some basic functionalities that you can use and modify it to your requirements.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

FX2LP has a total of 16KB memory for code and data.

Please try to change your settings as shown in the attached figure.

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank Anand and sai krishna for your reply.

I've try my best to solve the problem according to your instructions, including modifying the "BL51 Locate" settings and compiling my project through add my functions to a example firmware from "Cypress\USB\CY3684_EZ-USB_FX2LP_DVK\1.0\Firmware". But the problem is still there.

Attached is my firmware which is developed under uVision 4 through adding two files "LCDConMain.c" and "52-Driver.c" to the example firmware "bulkloop".  It can not be complied if only we reduce the size of the code, for example, deleting "EZUSB_Delay(5);" in the function " LCD_CmdWrite(uchar cmd)".

I really need these codes and hope to enrich the function of the controller. Can you tell me how to compile it?

Regards.

Gang Yuan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gang Yuan,

I have looked at your project. But I did not find the main project file (with .Uv2 extension).

Am I missing something here.

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sai krishna,

I am sorry that the above firmware is developed under uVision4. I guess that is the reason why you can't find the main project file.

Attached pls. find the firmware developed under uVision2 through adding two files "52-Driver.c" and "LCDConMain.c" to the example firmware "bulkloop".  And the problem is the same as I described in the above.

Pls. help me. Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, sai krishna,

I am sorry that the above firmware was developed under uVision4. I guess that is the reason why you can't find the main project file.

Attached pls. find the firmware developed under uVision2 through adding two files "52-Driver.c" and "LCDConMain.c" to the example firmware "bulkloop".  And the problem is the same as I described in the above.

Pls. help me. Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry, I don't know why I can't post attached files. I'll try it later.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can mail to rskv@cypress.com

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, krishna

I hope it can be attached this time. Also, an email have been sent to you. Thank you.

Best regards.

Gang Yuan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gang Yuan,

Please find the attached code. It is getting build now. It is just that your data segment is crossing the limits.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, krishna,

Thank you so much. I find out that you have replaced all the "uchar" by "xdata uchar". The firmware can be built now.

Best regards.

Sincerely Gang Yuan

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right. I moved few varibles to XDATA segment.

Regards,

sai kirshna.

0 Likes