FX3 SDK v1.1.1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nothing are working for me.

Each individual .msi failed with this dialog box: "The advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic."

And the "FX3SDKv1_1_1.exe" failed with "The installer is unable to proceed with the curent operation. CyInstaller will start rollback operation. Details: A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: c:\cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.1.1\updates\ARM_GCC_B630.msi"

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please check the size of the FX3SDKv1_1_1.exe file. It should be around 223MB.

Are these errors coming due to lack of administrative privileges?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Size is 233 578 904 bytes, i'm running with administrator privilieges.

I've try to install it on an other computer => no problem. (exept Updater "unable to get updates from update server")

I think it's an install conflict with the previous version (1.0 from the FX3 Dev kit CD). I've uninstall evrithing I found, no way.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes. Currently that Cypress updater does not support updating FX3 stuff.

You need to uninstall the old one before installing the new one.

Check if the below given thread helps you in any way.

http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=167&rID=64377

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally it's work with this trick:

The installer want to find the old named files. So I'v rename all files in C:\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.1.1\updates\ by the name of the files in the CD : E:\EZ_USB_fx3_dvk\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\7

And it's work.

0 Likes