How to update CY3240 USBIIC bridge's Firmware

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
VinayDand
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

Hello, 

When I connect my CY3240 SUBIIC bridge, the bridge control panel software (v1.4.0.1126) it shows following message for firmware upgrade

"Opening Port CY3240 Bridge's firmware is out of date. Please, read Release Notes for updating instructions.Successfully Connected to Bridge/0000011USB2IIC Bridge version 1.22"

I would like to know, "How to upgrade CY3240 bridge's firmware"?

I couldn't locate any information on Cypress web site.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Vinay

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have the same Problem. Is there any solution?

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will need to use the ISSP connector with a miniprog1 or miniprog3 or the CY3207 ISSP Programmer.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to mention that the firmware(hex file) for the Bridge is located in the installation directory.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I can´t finde the hex file. Can you give me the Name of the file and the exact location.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Bridge Control Panel\1.4

Thank you

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the path you should use (adapt the 1.0 to your version number):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\CY3240 USB-I2C Bridge Kit\1.0\Firmware\USBtoIIC\USBtoIIC\USBtoIIC\output\USBtoIIC.hex

0 Likes
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

The filename is "usbtoiic.hex" and should be under "C:\Program Files\Cypress\Programmer\3.1_\"

You should connect a MiniProg1/3 to the ISSP jumper (J2) on the CY3240 kit and program the above hex file using Programmer software.

-Arvind

0 Likes