PSoC 3 Software Defined Radio Transceiver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just released an electronics kit that turns the PSoC 3 into a 1 watt software defined radio transceiver for up to 20MHz.  The firmware is open source and I include a SWD jack so you can experiment with your own ideas.

The kit was designed by and for hams who want to experiment with the various free and open source software that is available for Windows, Linux, and Mac.  You'll need a amateur radio license to transmit.  It's using the SSOP package so you can assemble it with just an ordinary iron, no reflow oven or hotplate needed.

Get it from: http://ae9rb.com/

73 David AE9RB

0 Likes
7 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

I have not been to your site, will do so immeadiately.

Congrats on doing this, I am curious as to sensitivities, front end, and all

the rest that goes into making this happen.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

How do I receive the open source, where do I go ?

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

Do you have a single project file saved under Creator archive ? If so URL to it.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's interesting. Really love to see what can be done with PSOC5..

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dana, I don't know what a creator archive it. I've seen it mentioned but never investigated. I use git for revision control so I keep all the source and schematics on GitHub. You can use the "zip" button if you don't have the git application.

https://github.com/ham21/peaberry

It's very sensitive due to a LT6231 opamp used for gain. Much of the design was done by others over the past decade. My role in the project was replacing the AVR controller with a shiny new PSoC that can pump six 24-bit audio channels over USB. Go DMA!

I will eventually play with a PSoC 5 for SDR but it's hard for the average hobby builder to work with QFPs because of the thermal pad.  The SSOPs are easily attached with an ordinary 1/32" iron tip.

73 David AE9RB

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

In Creator, pick following menu items "Project" >> "Archive Workspace/Project" and

you tell it where to put the archive. It creates one zip file of the entire project and all

paths, etc.. Makes it easy to re-create a project from a download.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

The QFN has a solderable exposed pad, but the QFP does not.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes