How to do a Device Remote Wakeup

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the correct procedure to do a Device Remote Wakeup from SS, HS, FS?  I see flags in the API document telling me if they are enabled.  However, I would like to wakeup the host when I get certain interrupts on the device side.  The closest thing I can find is  CyU3PUsbSetLinkPowerState

Ken

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

The next revision of the SDK will have APIs for this.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any update on this?  Is there any way for me to test this out?  I really need to get this working as my deadline is coming up.

Ken

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can the test build of the FX3 SDK from:

ftp://dbfcust:Cust5rvc@ftp.cypress.com/fx3/USB_TEST/FX3_SDK_B789.msiCust5rvc@ftp.cypress.com/fx3/USB_TEST/FX3_SDK_B789.msi

Installing the MSI will require uninstall of the previous SDK (and maybe the Eclipse and ARM GCC as well if they used the full installer previously). If this is not acceptable, all of the files in the release can be obtained from the ZIP file below:

ftp://dbfcust:Cust5rvc@ftp.cypress.com/fx3/USB_TEST/FX3_SDK_B789.zipCust5rvc@ftp.cypress.com/fx3/USB_TEST/FX3_SDK_B789.zip

Both of these links are publicly accessible and can be used directly. Please go through the release notes (change log and known problems sections) before starting to use the new SDK.

-dbir

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting back to this as this project is now my priority again.  Is there a later versioin of this file or is this file still the latest?

Ken

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the latest SDK1.1.1

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=57990

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

In SDK1.1.1, there is a new USB API called CyU3PUsbDoRemoteWakeup() to cause FX3 to perform
USB 2.0 remote wakeup signaling.

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am testing this routine and I am always getting a 0xFF status back which has the meaning below.  I have RWU enabled in the descriptor, and before calling this function, I am also doing a SetFeature Remote Wakeup command.  Any ideas?

CY_U3P_ERROR_OPERN_DISABLED = 0xFF /* The requested feature / operation is not enabled in current configuration. */

Also, how do I detect if RWU have been called? In the future, I would like to read a varaible to determine if the SetFeature request as been called.

Ken

0 Likes