Not possible to have minor states in GPIF state machine when using DMA signals?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my GPIF state machine I have a state with four outgoing transitions, which means it will be converted into minor states. Therefore I took care that it is possible to convert the transition conditions into minor states. It is working fine as long as I am using I/O signals and COUNTER_HIT for state transitions. If I replace a certain I/O signal with DMA_RDY_TH1, the GPIF designer is unable to compile the design. As I am just exchanging a variable with another one, the ability to create minor states should not change. So why does it behave differently when using DMA_RDY_TH1?

-Silvio

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the error that you are getting?. You can look for errors in the "Notice list" that is available on the GPIF design.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened a case in the meantime and learned that there are additional restrictions that apply to mirror states regarding the transition conditions. E.g. I used the DMA_RDY and COUNTER_HIT signal in a mirror state, which caused the problem. Now I have to solve my problem differently.

0 Likes