Retrieve data

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Recently  i started  working on PSoC 3 (CY8C-001 kit), in the Application Note (AN52705) the project "Point-to-Array Transfer"     (ADC_DMA_Mem) i am able to see the ADC samples in the watch window ,but now using this data (ADC samples) can i see the replica of input wave on the CRO using VDAC8??

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Since your DAC is only 8 bits wide, you should concider sampling 8-bit values only. Additionally you might use a fixed sample rete generated with a timer or PWM.

Re-playing the sampled values with DMA now is easy, just set up your DMA and transfer with the sample-rate from above your data to the VDAC8.

When sampling more than 8 bits (let's say 12) this could be VERY challenging. As you see, only the upper 8 bits can be used and must be transfered to the VDAC8. Thus given the 16 bit Data has to be shifted left for 4 bits and just the upper Byte needs to be transfered.

This can be done with a DataPath programmed to do exactly what you need. But this is not as easy as it sounds. here is something to read or watch to get a glimpse what DataPath is https://secure.cypress.com/?app=search&searchType=keyword&keyword=datapath 

Happy microprogramming

Bob

0 Likes