Wrong Pin count...

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ALL

I used UART component, I kept the buffer size  for both tx and rx as 20. So internal interrupt is enabled .we can write the interrupt code in the UART_Int.c file right........

But why does the component provide two interrupt pins to be connected. even though i have not enabled any of the interrupts. i have attached the screen shots..

And second thing ,  i am using one LCD which takes 6 pins, one for RX and other pin for TX... on building the project the report file says that i have used 12 pins.....and allows me to use only 60 pins out of 72...... what is wrong ...

i have attached all the screeen shots

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try disabling debugging pins in DWR -> System -> Programming\Debugging. Then you should see that 9 pins are used (7 by LCD and 2 by UART).

Regards,

Aniruddha

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

here is the report file

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try disabling debugging pins in DWR -> System -> Programming\Debugging. Then you should see that 9 pins are used (7 by LCD and 2 by UART).

Regards,

Aniruddha

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Doy you mean to disable Serial wire viewer and Require Xres pin- because these are the things that are enabled in the programming/debugging section....

But what are the side effects ...i cant debug the device ..after disabling them

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When it comes to production of a let's say 1k samples project the pin-count may be of mercantile concern. So having a handful of pins bound to debugging freed (what are they for? its the final production)  could give the chance of using a smaller (cheaper) part. Even programming before soldering can save some pins and might enlargen your financal success.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Unfortunately for the time being only packages available are

68 QFN and 100 TQFP.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Yes, what I'd said: When you need one IO-pin more than the 68-pin device offers, you can built the prototype with debug capabilities with the 100-pin device and for the final version switch to the 68-pinner by disabling the debugging capabilities.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Understood, just making the point about limited package availability, discussed in

the forums a number of times in the past.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes