Speech Recognition

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Can i implement Speech Recognition using PSoC3(Cy8C001 kit)??

0 Likes
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends on the kind of algorithm that you are using to do audio clustering. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

can i implement using "Cochlear" Algorithm??

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

can i implement using "Cochlear" Algorithm??

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you post a reference URL so we can find what it actually is?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can post your requirment and/or ready aviable codes so people can help. I'll be interest to see more application using the DFB too.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

You might try contacting Kendall, Cypress DFB expert.

filterwizard@cypress.com

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Idea is to take the samples of speech signal(let s suppose i speak "0ne") from ADC of PSoC3 CY8c001 kit and save it in file(.txt) or (.dat) ,using  this file i will  find the zerocrossing points in the matlab (For better accuracy we can use Cochlear Algorithm) ,later these  zerocrossing points i will save in PSOC 3 .

when i utter a word in mic, Zerocrossing points of the uttered word should be produced by some algorithms and this zerocrossing points should be compared with the zerocrossing points of the stored WORDS .

Now my doubts are 

1)can i save the ADC  samples in file(.txt) or (.dat) .??

2)Can i save the Zerocrossing points in the PSoC3 directly??

3)As PSoC3 have very less memory(64 KB) is it possible to  store zerocrossing points of 9 words??

4)Whether it is possible to know how much memory is used by a particular program??

5)how to run a C file in PSoC 3??

Please give some suggestions in using different algorithms for 

a)Feature Extraction  and 

b)patteren Recognition  of speech signals

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. you can store the files in SD card or send data thru RS232  and have a PC to read and save the file in the PC

2,3 and 4, what is the data format of the points? 

5.Download one of the examples and run it or downald some videos to see how creator works.

I think Feature Extraction and patteren Recognition  of speech signals would be a bit too much for PSOC3.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whether it is possible to know how much flash memory (64 KB)is occupied by a particular project when it is programmed??

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can i get some more replies for my previous(4 th) post....

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You will get a report of RAM and FLASH usage after compiling your project, Get some example and try it yourself.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Now my doubts are

1)can i save the ADC samples in file(.txt) or (.dat) .??

2)Can i save the Zerocrossing points in the PSoC3 directly??

3)As PSoC3 have very less memory(64 KB) is it possible to store zerocrossing points of 9 words??

4)Whether it is possible to know how much memory is used by a particular program??

5)how to run a C file in PSoC 3??

Please give some suggestions in using different algorithms for

a)Feature Extraction and

b)patteren Recognition of speech signals

1) File format is your choice, as you can create the format. As previously suggested SDR

makes most sense.

2) If speech BW is 6 Khz, then you have 12000 zero crossing points. That would be worst

case.  If your resolution was 8 bits, thats 12KB of storage, too much for EEPROM. FLASH

programming time is too slow for this as well. This would have to be done in offboard memory.

And SRAM limited to 8KB in PSOC 3, but PSOC 5 up to 64KB.

3) If you know how many, worst case, zero crossings in 9 words, then possibly you can

store in PSOC 3. Because its limited to 8KB SRAM, and stack space and variables take

up a part of that, you could use memory allocation routines to determine what can be

allocated.

4) If you mean FLASH, yes in lst file. If you mean RAM, the memory allocation routines

could be used to determine whats free.

5) By this you mean a boot loader ? If so yes.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes