CapSense Tuner I2C Connection Problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already followed all the instructions posted on this website:

http://www.cypress.com/?id=4&rID=54068

Or the instructions on the CapSense_CSD[v3.10]  datasheet, section CapSense Tuning Process, page 30; and I still have problems when I click Start on the CapSense_CSD Tuner. I get the message:

Read operation failed! Check I2C bus connection.

Is there any further instructions, like some code I have to add or some pin assignment for the EZI2C that haven't been included in the datasheets?

This is my code in main.c:

void main()

{

CYGlobalIntEnable;

CapSense_CSD_TunerStart();

EZI2C_Start(); // Extra line attempting to fix the connection problem.

EZI2C_Enable(); // Extra line attempting to fix the connection problem.

while(1)

{

CapSense_CSD_TunerComm();

}

}

Thank you!!

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello missa,

Can you check if I2C is recognised in Bridge Control Panel (BCP) ?If possible, attach your project so that we can have a look. To do so open project --> clean your workspace --> create workspace bundle and attach

Thanks,

srim

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you check if tuner helper is enabled?  verify the ezi2c settings in the tuner configuration window, is the ezi2c subadress size a 16bit?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I already open the Bridge Control Panel and eventhough I'm connected, it doesn't how any devices. (I don't have a lot of experience withe BCP). The tuner helper is enabled. The EZI2C settings are totally correct. The subaddress size is 16 bit or two bytes in the Tuner Helper Settings. All these things were in the datasheet, which I alredy read several times.

My project is quite big and complex, but here is another project that I just created with the same settings, trying to use the tuner.

Thank you for your help!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, for some reason my file was not attached in my previous comment

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I think I already fix the problem. I didn't make the proper connections. P12[1:0]  to SDAT and SCLK on the MiniProg3, plus 2 pullup resistors on P12[1:0]. I think it's kind of obvious for serial communication, but I was to focused on the software I guess.

Anyway, thank you for your help!

Missael

0 Likes