Regarding emfile component

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ALL

I am using emfile component to write data into SD card, but i think the data write is very slow.

In the data sheet of the emfile component i found a section known as" Performance and Resource usage". Can any one say what the performance metrics  is......

Secondly my main intention is to transfer the ADC samples directly into SD card......i know there will be lot of overhead in writing data to SD card.......i thoght of buffering but in PSoC3 it is not possible....Using DMA is a good option but not sure how to point destination (emfile uses SPIM to transfer data to SD card)

Can u guys help me out

0 Likes
5 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Here is a library that is up on net -

http://code.google.com/p/psoc3-5-sdcard-library/

And here is a PSOC 1 implementation, you may be able to adapt -

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=3089

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

And what is the performance metrics that is present in the data sheet of emfile component.

And is the implementation for pSoc1 hold good for PSoC3/5 as well.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

The PSOC 1 solution, recently updated on web, still has apparently a couple

of problems, so not yet quite released. In any event it would be a port to

3/5, not a trivial task.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was mentioning about the performance. I feel the performance of the emfile write increases if we are writing bulk of data.

For example if we write data byte by byte we can only achieve 0.07KBps but if we were to write 1KB of data then we can achieve data write rate of 27KBps........

But what is the reason for this......is there a framing that takes place before data write into SD card or is there something else ????

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

SD card is a block device. By block device, it means that the data is written or read in terms of blocks (e.g.: data is written in sector of 512 bytes per write/ read instead of byte by byte). It is the block device property. Hence, you will see that as the number of bytes increases the performance increases.

Regards, Aniruddha

0 Likes