Problems with CY7C68023 and k9k8g08u0b

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! Please help me! I created sheme (the same as presnted at CY4618 EZ-USB NX2LP(TM) Reference Design Kit ). After enumaration with NX2LP(TM) Programming Utility Software my sheme is working, but if swicth off power and close NX2LP(TM) Programming Utility Software and after that turn on CY7C68023 and k9k8g08u0b, windows not see any flash! Why the enumarated information does not remain on the flash! Befor i used the nand08gw3b2cn6 (not production now) and it is working! Maybe someone can tell me, what kind of nand flash (8Gb) i can use besides nand08gw3b2cn6! Sanks and wait!

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Did you mean to say that you programmed k9k8g08u0b using NandMfg programming utlity. Then unplugged the NX2LP device, closed the utility and on replug it does not enumerate as Mass storage device? Can you please check in device manager what does it show up as? With what VID PID does it come up as after the replug?

Currently Cypress is under the process of updating NX2LP compatibility list, since most of the flashes in the previous list is obsolete. Please create a tech support case to get the current compatible flashes' list.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! sank you for answer! yes, you are exectly right! but now i can not answer on your questiones, because i replace k9k8g08u0b to mt29f8g08ababawp and have some problems! 

I have my board following configurations: usb hub CY7C65620-56LTXC, connect to CY7C68023 with  mt29f8g08ababawp (2 chips). Such sheme will work? Does CY7C68023 support 4k nand page size flash? On the one hand in datasheet on CY7C68023 not presented supporting 4k nand page size flash, on the another hand in datasheet on NX2LP-Flex development kit (CY7C68023 is in sheme) presented supporting 4k nand page size flash. I downloaded all on NX2LP-Flex development kit (NandMfg programming utlity in it) and this NandMfg programming utlity supporting 4k nand page size flash. I have set up NandMfg for mt29f8g08ababawp (4k page, 128 pages, 2048 blocks, 30us), then NandMfg saw mt29f8g08ababawp as 2 nand flash (2Gbite), after i have done wipe and programming, then NandMfg erise 1 then 2 flash, then NandMfg try to formatting FAT32, then NandMfg write "formating disabled, use the host to format...", then i unplugged the NX2LP device, and plugged the NX2LP device, then windows see the mass storage device, but not formatted, then i formatted mass storage device, and system allow me to entry this mass storage device, BUT the size-1Gbite, can not write any to mass storage device (0b is free), then i unplugged the NX2LP device, and plugged the NX2LP device, then i see again unprogrammed cypress NX2LP controller in NandMfg programming utlity. What wrong? what can i do more? i need sheme work! 

Sank and wait!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I did not understand the issue fully. 4k page flashes are supported by NX2LP. Please create a tech support at www.cypress.com, so that one of our engineers can understand and guide you through the issue.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes