I can't send a file more than of 1MByte for USB

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello

I have connected the USB controller with a Spartan6 FPGA, I have configured this connection for can to initialize the FPGA from PC USB interface with CY7C68013A, I send the bitstream through USB controller. The problem start when the driver hang out it always after in 1Mbyte transfer.

In other case the same interface with old FPGAs with SPARTAN3,SPARTAN2, VIRTEX4, don't need more than 1MByte bitstream and I haven't any problem with them.

I dont know which are the problems?  had you had any same problem? and which are the solutions?

thanks

Best regards

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I couldn't understand your query. What do you meant by initialize the FPGA from PC ? Are you trying a streaming application? What is this 1MB bitstream ? Are you programming FPGA using USB interface?

Could you please provide more details on this?

Regards

Prajith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Are you trying to implement the interface explained in AN61345 - Implementing an FX2LP™- FPGA Interface with spartan6?

Regards

Prajith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello PRJI

Yes I am programming FPGA using USB interface.

In other case, we have used USB controller in the past succesfully for program (initialize) old FPGAs, like Spartan3. The bitstream was less than 1Mbyte for this FPGA and never we had any problem.

Now we are trying initialize a Spartan6, the bitstream for program this FPGA is more than 1Mbyte, the problem have resulted when  data is being transferred and spend 1 MByte, the usb controller driver hangs.

We don't know if the driver has any limit for transfer data.

Do you know what may be the reason that we can't transfer more than 1 Mbyte? if there is.

Thanks so much

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you using the configuration utility which comes with Configuring a Xilinx Spartan-3E FPGA Over USB Using EZ-USB FX2LP™ - AN63620 for programming FPGA?

Regards

Prajith

0 Likes