Data type to write in SD Card

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello All

In the example project provided by the Cypress for emfile component, seems like the data type that has to be written in the SD card should be string. If I try to write any other data type there is some crap written to SD card.....Can anyone suggest me how I can write different data type.......

The reason why I asl this question is because I get nearly 100 bytes of data per second and need to transfer to SD card......but each byte write is very slow.....as per data sheet i am buffering the data and trying to write.........But as every data byte should be converted to string there is lot of SRAM that is being used.....So can you suggest me something good.....

0 Likes
2 Replies
EvPa_264126
Level 7
Level 7
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 likes received

I used a double PING_PONG DMA to increase the speed of the recording.
Documents:     ......\emFile_V322b\Documentation\UM02001_emFile_V322c.pdf
I compared text and binary:     File = FS_FOpen (sdFile, "wb");     or      pFile = FS_FOpen (sdFile, "w+"); and have not noticed any difference in speed of the recording.
I gave a link to my project here:

emFile - painfully slow
http://www.psocdeveloper.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=8761&sid=90f77752b1b297025306d0b1ff172191

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Even though the data bytes are in integer format we will need 8 bytes extra to convert to string and write it......But I dont know how to write so much of data at once.......

Say I have 100 bytes of data coverted to string so, 800 bytes ......but how to write all these bytes t once.....any method or example....

0 Likes