Yellow LED in MiniProg3

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, i succesfuly programmed PSoC5 using MiniProg3 untill now.

The MiniProg3 is detected by PSoC Programmer.

When i connect MiniProg to a custom made board it detects the power supply as ~2300mV but the board is supplied at 5V, and miniprog gets warmer as usualy. When i remove the miniprog from the board, the yellow LED (from inside miniprog, the one with no label) lights up and it stays lit (i read in the user guide, that there might be a configuration error). I tried to reconnect the miniprog3 but same thing happened.

This custom made PCB board with PSoC5 was programed succesfully yestarday and i can't figure out what is wrong :(. I checked all the programing pins so there is no shortcircuit between them, and the VTARG and GND pins seems ok. (i used the 5 pin connector).

Same thing happens when i try to program the PSoC5 module on the CY8CKIT-001 development board.

Hope i didn't broke the miniprog. 

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I forgot to mention that there was previously a simple program loaded on the custom made PCB, that increments a variable and displays it on lcd. And that program still works ok.  

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow,congratulations!

happy  coding!

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Maybe this is related -

http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=2232&rID=69145&source=home_cdc

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
ArvindK_86
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi,

I doubt whether the accuracy of the voltage detection circuitry on the MiniProg is any good. For practical purposes, it functions just to detect whether target voltage already exists to prevent double powering using the programmer.

Note that a voltage of ~ 2.3V is still above VIH for the MiniProg, which is probably why programming still works.

Regards,

Arvind

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

From the release notes on Miniprog3 -

Update to Improve Voltage Detection Capability

The CY8CKIT-002 MiniProg3 kit has been updated to improve the voltage detection capabilities.
The MiniProg3 correctly measures the target voltage within an accuracy of 20 mV for a range of
1.8 V - 5.0 V

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes