PSoC 5 DAC Bug

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

as you can read in the DAC Api, with PSoC 5 you have to write the DAC Value to the register twice. I think because of a bug.

So what is the solution when working with DMA? I have to send out two functions (saved in two arrays) with two DACs and sample simultanous with SAR ADC. So at this time there are 4 DMA channels in my project.

Sadly I see that the DACs have sometimes glitchy output. For testing purpose I added two more DMA Channels writing the same data twice to the first ones into the DAC. The output is more stable but I had some more problems in the system.

What is die correct solution when working with DMA and DACs under PSoC 5 (production?)

Bye

Franz

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

In the C-sources you can still see that a second write is made for PSoC5 devices except for the PSoC5LP version.

Interesting, I never assumed or experienced an issue with the DAC and in the appnotes concerning ADC -> DMA -> DAC there was never anything special for PSoC5 mentioned.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used hardware strobe synchronous to the DMA strobe. That works without glitches.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohh.. Thanks for pointing this out... I was not aware of this bug before.

0 Likes