target device not getting powered

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm using a cy8ckit-001 development kit. The device being used is cy8c3866axi-040. I selected the correct device in the device selector window and connected the miniprog3. In the select debug target window, I can see miniprog but i cant see the psoc3 device. I have connected the development kit to the power supply. I thought my jumper settings may not be correct. Can anyone tell me how to make the right VDD, VDDIO, VDDD and VDDA settings? I think the device is being powered coz that's what Psoc Programmer says. In the miniprog, the status LED gets turned on, but the target power LED is turned off. What should I do?

Please help.

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rolf_Nooteboom
Level 5
Level 5
10 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

The target power LED on the programmer will only go on if you have selected any power setting other than External (Tools > Options > Program/Debug > Miniprog3 > Power).

When using the external power supply, the board should not be powered from Miniprog3 and the LED target power will not go on.

Verify that your Active Protocol is set to SWD and the Connector is set to 10 pin.

Also verify the jumper settings on page 10 and the IDE settings on page 27 of the CY8CKIT-001_PSoC_Development_Kit_Guide (     www.cypress.com/?docID=38385).

Regards,
Rolf

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

check for the jumper settings of CY8CKIT-001 from the link http://www.cypress.com/?rID=37464
download quick start guide and verify your settings

0 Likes