CY3684 and hex2bix util

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have the CY3684 kit that i am using as a starting point for implenting the cy7c8013a into our custom boards.

I am trying to load the ledcycle.hex provided with install into the large EEPROM using hex2bix.exe. When I load the hex file it works fine, but when I try to load it from the EEPROM, it's not enumerating.

Here's the command i am using:

hex2bix ledcycle.hex -o ledcycle.iic -f 0xc2 -i

Eventually, I'd like to get to insert a different VID/PID.

Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try the following command:

hex2bix -i -f 0xC2 -o ledcycle.iic ledcycle.hex

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried it but it still doesn't enumerate.

Is the VID/PID generated with hex2bix 0x0547/0x2131? Also, for that example, does it use cysub.sys?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Ledcycle example does not enumerate at all. There is no USB part in that example. It just toggle the LEDs present on the DVK.

Try with some other example (Bulkloop) with the command that I have given you.

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a similar problem with C2 mode. We have a hex file(firmware)  that we used to load into the internal Ram by using software( C code in host OS) . Now we have tried to load it into an EEPROM (c2 mode). I have converted the hex file into an I2C file and then stored it on my eeprom. but the device does not get recognized by the computer. I will be glad to know if u have found a solution to this.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What is the size of the hex file? Also, what is the command used for converting hex to iic. Please post the full command line that was used to convert using hex2bix.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes