Automotive compatibility..or Not?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
1 Solution
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

This should help -

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=35222

Regards, Dana.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

??

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

This should help -

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=35222

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All, I'm new to this as you might have guessed !! OK now I've figured how this works, lets move on.

I was wonderind if it would be possible to use the CY8C3866lti-068 devive in an automotive project i'm currently involved in. I have decided to use this particular device as I am limited to board space. I am well aware that the device in question does not have the necessary automotive rating; more specifically my circuit will be working in a hot ambient enviroment in the region of 85- 110deg/C. The big question is ... will I encounter problems in the later stages of the design if I go foward with this particular device?

A curiosity of mine is to know, what are / is the differences in fabrication between Standard, and Automotive devices, if any at all?

Regards,

Maxibabs

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

If you go to the device selector in PSOC Creator you can filter selection

guide to your requirements, see attached.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dana,

Thanks for the correspondence, but I can't seem to find a datasheet for the CY8C3866axa-040, any clues where I can find one?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunatly the CY8C3688axa-040 package is a 100-TQFP, my project was designed with a 48-QFN footprint and can not fit any other..Opps!

In your opinion, do you think the CY8C3866LTI-068 will (a) work, or (b) Fail under the conditions mentioned in my earlier post?

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9

I would post a tech case to get the datasheet at -

www.cypress.com
“Support”
“Technical Support”
“Create a Case”

Automotive grade parts have their own set of test parametic limits,

so no, the use of a non A part will not guarentee you will get A

performance.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

It is as usual: when there is a sign "DO NOT STEP ON THE GRASS" you cannot predict for sure what will happen if you do. You may get cought, you may destroy some fresh seeds or even nothing may happen at all. For once. So to predict what at worst may happen everytimes much more further investigation is required until at least somebody will guarantee you what will happen and what will not.

This is exactly the same with the temperature-range of a semiconductror: It is guaranteed to work within the given range. Guaranteed. But nobody can tell you (guarantee) what will happen outside that range except some rude estrimations.

Dana's suggestion to file a technical case may even solve your problem when there is enough requirement behind.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Bob

Best Regards,

Maxibabs

0 Likes