SLAVEFIFO WITH TWO OUT SOCKETS IS THIS POSSIBLE???

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hii guys,

Is it possible to send data out from fx3 using two consumer sockets and I have two producer end points and  one producer socket mapped to one consumer end point. I have to perform a slave fifo interface 32 bit(burst read mode). Can I tranfer data out from one socket and when that buffer is empty can I transfer data out from the other socket is this design possible??

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Yes, this is possible. As per your description, this is what I understand: (P- producer socket; C - consumer socket)

P1 (USB) -----> C1 (P-PORT) =============> external device

slave FIFO 32 bit

P2 (USB) ------> C2(P-PORT) ============> external devcie

slave FIFO 32 bit

From the GPIF II designer, you can select the appropriate thread using GPIFADR lines, and thus the consumer socket. Slave FIFO example should be a good reference for the same.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the Info Gayatri,

The thread address means the socket address which we intilialize in the header file right??

regards

pruthvi raj

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can I use the same slave fifo gpif 2 designer model and change the socket or thread address using the address bits??

regards

pruthvi 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pruthvi Raj,

Yes your understanding is correct. 

By default, thread to socket mapping is as follows:

thread 0 ==> socket 0

thread 1 ==> socket 1 etc..

If this is the case, therad address is same as socket address (you may even choose to change this using an API CyU3PGpifSocketConfigure(), but I believe that is not required in your application) . You can select the appropriate socket by using the addr bits from GPIF designer, and use the corresponding  socket in the firmware. You can define the macros for the sockets in the header file.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gayatri,

Thanks for the reply

regards,

Pruthvi

0 Likes