Interfacing PSoC/ FX2LP with LabVIEW using NI-VISA drivers.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes
1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

The content did not get posted for some reason.

Here is the content:

Hi all,
I tried to use PSoC with LabVIEW using NI-VISA drivers.
I followed the following steps and could use the LabVIEW standard examples like USB RAW-Bulk and USB RAW-Control to communicate with the device.
I used the example project USBFS_Bulk_Wraparound which could be found among the standard examples of PSoC. I used a random PID_VID of 0555_0666 just for trying it on my PC.

Here are the steps that I followed:
1. Most important of all, installed the latest version of LabVIEW and NI-VISA package.
2. Because PSoC is a USB RAW class device, we need to configure the NI-VISA to use that driver. Basically using the NI-VISA driver wizard we can build an inf file for that PID_VID which will bind the device to the NI-VISA drivers.
Complete Steps to follow are given at the link: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/4478/en#toc2
3. I checked my device using the VISA Interactive Control and I could see the communication as expected.
4. I opened the LabVIEW project USB RAW-Bulk from the examples in LabVIEW. You will get this example only after you have installed the NI-VISA drivers appropriately.
Help->Find Examples->(Search for) USB RAW bulk and you will find this example.
5. Attach your device, (it should be attached I suppose) check device manager if it shows the device as NI-VISA device. Run the LabVIEW project, you should see the device now in the VISA Resource Name drop down menu. Click Open Session to open communication session with the device.
6. Type some data in the Bulk Out window, click Bulk Out. Data would be sent across (you will see no error in the error window). Now click on Bulk In (you can leave the data field size to be 512 bytes), you would see the same data being received from the device.

I attached some snapshots. Please find them attached in the last post.

I hope this is useful for some LabVIEW beginners like me.

Enjoy..!!!

0 Likes