Wake From Sleep on UART Input

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to take advantage of low power sleep modes, but I'm having trouble determining if PSoC3 can wake up from sleep or hibernate upon receiving data on the UART.

My project requires that I sample data at 30 ksps and send to PC via UART. Once completed, I want the PSoC to go into a low power mode until a timer tells it to sample more data. During this idle state I want the PSoC to be able to receive data for user instructions (i.e. , stop program, change settings, etc.). Can the PSoC be moved out of sleep mode on UART input? What type of UART configuration/settings should I use?

,Regards

John

0 Likes
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

UDB blocks can not be awake during the sleep or hibernate mode. Only I2C or USB (fixed function blocks) communication supports wake-up on address match/some bus activity.

Instead use Alternate active mode and enable UDB power supply & clocks. But the power consumption will be higher than what you can achieve using Sleep mode.

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

These might be of assistance -

http://www.mymcu.ru/content/articles/Cypress/AN66083.pdf

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

One suggestion is to configure your Rx pin for waking up from the Hibernate mode so that the device will wake up on any activity on the UART Rx line...

0 Likes