PSoC 3-5 Component Design Contest

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi people,

Cypress(PSoC 3/5) is Planning to start a Component Design Contest.

The purpose of this Design Contest is to make the Community users get more acquainted with designing components in PSoC 3/5. Once we start designing components, we will be able to understand the architecture of the PSoC UDBs better and realise how flexible PSoC 3/5 really are!!!

Contest Rules : A Complete specification for the component will be given every friday.

You get 1 week to design it, your deadline for submission will be the next friday.  Timeline of submission plays a major role in deciding who the winner is !. The quality of the design matters ofcourse.

The winner will be decided by a bunch of engineers at cypress and he shall be awarded with 200CDC points.

Every Individual on planet Earth shall participate.

The First specification will be posted this friday (7th of december). We will initially start with simple designs and move complex over the weeks.

Get ready for a healthy challenge. Though there is only one winner, every one gets benefited by the learnings from it.

On the course of the design, you shall post all queries and it shall all be clarified.

Regards,

Ramnath R K

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice 🙂

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Great to hear that! Will we be able to get any Cypress Development Boards from the CDC-points as temperature sensing, fan controller and all the other valuable gadgets? Very often we asked for that and very often we got the answer "soon... ".

By the way: 200 CDC points are just 2 Cypress-caps or one (better quality) T-shirt, but without beein obnoxious I will spend the winner 250 of my owned points I collected to far. Rammnath, will you do better?

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Just checked my point-account and now I will top myself.

I will give the one winner of the contest 1000 CDC points 

Happy Contest!

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob,

Great to hear that from you. The initial 2 weeks of the contest will be simple. Once this gathers momentum, the specification shall turn out to be tougher and we shall accordingly slab our rewards.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Ramnath R K

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I am hanging on the edge of my seat waiting for the first contest exercise....

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to have more incentive for the contest. But do we allow to transfer points between members?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Transferring points (or buying from a store giving the goods to someone else) would be cost-neutral for Cypress, so I presume that there won't be any difficulties. I think I just have to find someone at Cypress having the rights to access the database and book off the points from one account and up to another one.

But I miss so far the promised contest which was told to be there on Friday. Here it is now Saturday and I did not see something yet.

Bob

0 Likes
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Try Adam Wiskoski, admw@cypress.com.

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Aren't there any solutions or examples to show here, also I'd like to see another exercise to work on.

Bob

PS

How many solutions have been sent to you?

0 Likes
crcac_264396
Level 4
Level 4
First like received

I too look forward to the next one. For some reason it is more fun to tinker with these components than it is to do the actual coding I am supposed to be doing...

0 Likes