implementing a concurrent integrator

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi developers,

can you suggest me any application note which explains how to configure a switched capacitor block as an analog integrator. my prime need is that once started,this integrator should operate concurrently with other modules. it should not use CPU.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When you type the word "integrtator" just into the search-field located at the top of this page you will get a lot of application-notes offered. My favorit on is http://www.cypress.com/?rID=2630 because it gave me some insight in these "switched" thing I did not understand at first, although it shows just the other way round: using an integrator as an op-amp.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

When you type the word "integrtator" just into the search-field located at the top of this page you will get a lot of application-notes offered. My favorit on is http://www.cypress.com/?rID=2630 because it gave me some insight in these "switched" thing I did not understand at first, although it shows just the other way round: using an integrator as an op-amp.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

bob,

i read that app note already. as you said it is the other way around. it does not give a working example with parameter settings. moreover it says that a switched capacitor is by default an integrator. how can that be. can you please provide a basic working integrator example with parameter setting.(only a list of parameter settings) so that i can tweak various parameters and try to understand the SC block  better? 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Did you have a look at AN 2041 (to be found here http://www.cypress.com/?docID=29017 ?)

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

bob,

i have gone through the basics of switched capacitor blocks too. the app note just gives the theory. i am actually trying out the sc block as an integrator with some arbitrary settings based on what i understood from the app note and am tweaking each of the parameters keeping others constants but i am still far from interpreting the results. can you please provide me with the list of SC block parameter settings with which i can generate a ramp signal from its o/p going straight to saturation. 

for your information these are the settings i have made and i am giving a dc input in port_2_1. when the DC input is near zero or equal to zero i am getting a fast saturation towards 5v. when it is kept near 5 V dc the output is a single pulse of amplitude 2.5v and lasting 100us. the clock i have chosen is VC1 which is 24Mhz/16.

the input i have chosen is(i.e. ACmux ) port_2_1

and the scond input (Bmux i).e. port_2_3 is grounded externally.

FSW1 is on

FSW0 is off

Power is set to high

AREFMUX set to AGND

Ccap set to 31

autozero is on

analogoutbus_0 is chosen and the output is taken at port0_3

Bcap value is set to zero

Acap value is set to 31

Asign is negative

clockphase is normal

Fcap is 16

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

At first sight...

Have a look at the datasheet for the SCBLOCK, it states that the input clock maximum should be 2mHz. considering that the SC-inputclock is divided by the module by 4, the applied clock should not be higher than 8MHz.

Bob

Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

And here is (a rather old) AN http://www.khalus.com.ua/psoc/pdf/appnotes/an2115.pdf using an integrator. Do not get confused about the pictures of PSoC Designer, I suppose it is a pre-4 version. The math is rather simple and is mostly controlled by the input-frequency.

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi bob,

thanks a lot for that application note. that was just what i wanted. hope you can help me out with some more clarifications. the settings given in the app note is generating a ramp. but i could not control the starting level of it .it starts somewhere around 1.5 v and rises to saturation. moreover the level at the Bmux input is not affecting the output level at all. can you correlate the pins of this SC block with a standard op amp integrator pins for me. specifically i need .

which is the reference pin (the non inverting input of op amp in an integrator)

which is the signal input pin

what is the formula for gain( -Vin*time/RC) in standard op amp but here?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks bob once again, i understood the SC block further i will upload the wave forms soon

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is for u bob.

hope you will enjoy the beautiful waveforms i have generated using two SCblocks.

see the attachment 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Thank you, Prasanna, I've got a lot of different things as a "thanx", but no waveforms before.

Happy waving

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick settings for integrator and various other applications using SCBLOCK generic user module are given in Appendix G of application note AN2041. Here is the link-

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=2899 

-Rajiv Badiger

0 Likes