UDB based CORDIC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello all,

this is a UDB implementation of a 16-bit fixed point CORDIC for calculating the sine and cosine of a given angle. It is supported on PSoC 3 and can possibly (ignoring warnings) run up to 33 MHz. I've attached a demo project with the project library so try running it on the CY8CKIT-001 Devkit.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I like that component!

Will there be a chance to implement this for PSoC5(LP) ?

Bob

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very cool!  how do you get the data into / out of the UDB, and how do you select sine / cosine calculation?

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Since it is the same algorithm sine and cosine are calculated at the same time and retrieved together. Have a look at the (excellent) documentation.

The initial angle to calculate from is given with the Start() API.

Bob

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I like that component!

Will there be a chance to implement this for PSoC5(LP) ?

Bob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good one 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys. 🙂

Yes, the API and usage information are in the accompanying datasheet. You simply need to call the Start(uint16 angle) API to start the calculation.

I originally intended for this component to be supported for both PSoC3 and PSoC5LP, but I've only had the chance to verify it on PSoC3. I Hope to get this done when I can get my hands on a PSoC5LP and have the time to develop it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

many thanks for that component too! Love to see, someone did this. 

Will there also be the inverse version phi = f(sin(phi), cos(phi)) for getting phase angle out of sine and cosine? I did this for myself but with less to none efford in space utilization and a lot more DP in use than you .

Bye

Franz

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Franz,

I'll be making the inverse version and adding it as a part of this component in the next version.

0 Likes

Hello,

did make the inverse version? I mean the version where I provide the sin/cos digital values to the component, and get the angle from the component output?

Thanks

0 Likes