Problem with SmartSense in cy8c21334B-24PVXI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!!

I got a problem with the SmartSense i´m use Proximity Sensor in the chip cy8c21334B-24PVXI, when i near to the cable in the proximity sensor should ligth a LED but this not happen i do know why :S I´m use too the cy8c21345-24sxi and in this chip work perfectly and I use the SmartSense also so if sombody can helpe i´ll be grateful

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some trouble-shooting tips-

1. Ensure proximity pin, CMOD pin and feedback resistor pin are selected properly in the wizard

2. Monitor raw counts using bridge control panel software or equivalent tool. Ensure you are getting sufficient count variation.

3. Follow "step by step Tuning guide" section given in the user module datasheet

4. Ensure you are not creating resource conflicts. See section "Eliminate possible resource use conflicts" section in user module datasheet

-Rajiv Badiger

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I just stumbled over this post http://www.cypress.com/?app=forum&id=1573&rID=73424 that might have to do with your problem.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob, are you on the link you provided in previous post? User is facing problems with the smartsense module. He is using LED to know the status and not mentioned anywhere about UART. 

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

When Capsense is changing the UART-clock it is most likely that it may change the I2C clock as well resulting in the described behaveour. So if taking the given advices in the other thread may help the user out.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bob, I tend to disagree with you on this. I2C HW block uses system clock which cannot be changed by capsense module. The issue here could be related to tuning or HW.

fco18, can you please attach your project?

-Rajiv Badiger 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI:

I solved the problem, i had a mistake in my PCB design ,  but fortunately i could fix it without making another PCB.
Thanks at all.

0 Likes