Frequency Counter/Meter on CY8CKIT-030

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can not collect from examples a frequency meter. Can be at someone there is a ready project, with an exact frequency meter (from 0 to 20 MHz, if it possible)?

Try it on the CY8CKIT-030.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi hexus,

As I notice that you have selected the PWM window period of 1 second, the captured value itself represents the frequency of the external input signal.

This technique is used in the measurement of high frequency signals. The accuracy of the measurement is dependent upon the tolerance of the clock source used. If the tolerance of the Bus clock is high, then the result will be less accurate.

For measurement of very low frequencies, another technique in which the Window and counter is reversed would be ideal. That is, the external input signal whose frequency is to be measured will act as a window and the counter will run pulse of clock to measure the time period of the signal.

Can you please elaborate more on this statement "But in lower clocks (ref 32768) it shows 32709 Hz. It's clock quarz, in my msp430lp freqmeter it looks correctly." ?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
19 Replies
This widget could not be displayed.