output enable setting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I want make output direction partially out  and in. 

When i set to OEA=oxff, as i know, this direction is out. 

But i think another pin also have same direction.

How can i set partially?

Also what is IOA ?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I believe this is what you are looking for: in portA , you want some of the pins to act as O/P and some other pins as I/P pins.

SAy, if you want port A.0 to act as O/P and rest of the pins as input, then you can assign:

OEA = 0x01; // only portA.0 is enabled as O/P

Similarly, if you want, say portA.0, 3, 5 as O/P pins, then

OEA = 0x29;  //portA.0,3,5 enabled as O/P pins

OEA is the O/P enable register for portA. i.e. by setting the appropriate bit in OEA, the appropriate bit of portA can be configured as O/P.

Whereas, IOA reflects the portA status. If you want to assign any particular value to O/P pin of portA, then assign the particular value to the approriate bit of IOA. Similarly, to read the value at the input pin of portA, you can read it from the appropriate bit of IOA.

Say, if you want to make

- portA.0 as O/P pin and make it high

- PortA.1 as I/P pin and read its status

then

OEA = 0x01; //portA.0 is enabled as O/P pin

IOA |= 0x01; // set portA.0 as high

<VAR> = IOA & 0x02; //read status of portA.1

I believe this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

An IOA is a register. Values written to IOA appear on the pins which are configured as outputs; values read from IOA indicate the states of the 8 pins, regardless of input/output configuration. See IOx register on page  183 of TRM .

An OE x register (where x is A, B, C, D, or E), which sets the input/output direction of each of the 8 pins (0 = input, 1 = out-put). So, you can set the pins based on your requirements.

Regards

Prajith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

For acutually, If i want make input direction IFCLK pin and SLWR in  FX2LP 128AXC, then what am i do for setting?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

For acutually, If i want make input direction IFCLK pin and SLWR in  FX2LP 128AXC, then what am i do for setting?

i think SLWR and IFCLK is not assigned as Port Pin. Also So many pins are also not assigned.

except for PA#,PB#,etc...Port Pins.

So, how i do such as IFCLK SLWR, FLAGA ... etc pins?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

SLWR is an input signal to FX2LP,SLWR pin should be asserted by the master in order to write data to the FIFO. In synchronous mode (IFCONFIG.3 = 0), data on the FD bus is written to the FIFO (and the FIFO pointer is incremented) on each rising edge of IFCLK while SLWR is asserted. In asynchronous mode (IFCONFIG.3 = 1), data on the FD bus is written to the FIFO (and the FIFO pointer is incremented) on each asserted-to-deasserted transition of SLWR. By default, SLWR is active-low; its polarity can be changed via the FIFOPINPOLAR register.

IFCLK can be used either as external clock source or for providing clock to external device. IFCONFIG.7 selects between internal and external sources: 0 = external, 1 = internal. If an external IFCLK is chosen, it must be free running at a minimum frequency of 5 MHz. In addition, in order to provide synchronization for the internal endpoint FIFO logic, the external IFCLK source must be present before the firmware sets IFCONFIG.7 = 0.

FLAG pins are out put pins which provides the status of  the EZ-USB’s FIFOs.

Regards

Prajith

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok i see.

Thanks a lot. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are welcome 

0 Likes