USB FX3.0 win7 x64 driver

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am trying to install the driver for the FX3.0 on windows 7, 64-bit os, but I am unsuccessful. Based on the CyUSB.pdf, I have to use the "x64" folder, however, there is no such a folder under win7 (only x86). Is there any driver for win7 x64?

Thanks,

Nazila

0 Likes
25 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the error message you're getting?

Have you disabled driver signature enforcement while booting up?

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

How do i get the cypress x64 driver with digital signature for windows 7 x64 OS?

thanks,

D.Y. Na

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same problem. I received the FX3 dev. board today and it seems the dev kit does not include x64 devices drivers. Where do I get the x64 drivers?

Also, I note the x86 drivers are not signed. I assume the intention is for the end user to sign the drivers and deliver these with the end product. What is the plan and why are they not just included in the Windows update?

Thanks.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Resolved. So I note the DVD with the dev board x86 installs drivers here by default, e.g.:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\1.0\driver\bin\win7\

if I install, <DVD>:\EZ-USB FX3 SDK\7\CySuiteUSB3_x64_B299.msi, then the x64 drivers are here, e.g.

C:\Cypress\Cypress SuperSpeed USBSuite\driver\bin\win7\

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're working on certifying the driver for our DVK. We'll soon be doing a revision to add just the signed drivers.

Will update here once that is done.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

My FAE told me the driver certification is expected in April.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Cypress should just make the uncertified x64 signed drivers available to developers. Anyway, for my use I have signed the driver.

The driver loads OK sometimes when connected to a USB 2.0 port, and sometimes I get “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)”. Is this a known problem?

The Cypress driver fails to load with “This device cannot start. (Code 10)” when connected to a USB 3.0 port.

I am using x64 Win7 Ultimate SP1 with a ASMedia XHCI Controller for USB 3.0 (ASUS P8Z68-VPRO motherboard) and the FX3 DVK rev3. I read somewhere that the Dev board has only been only tested with the NEC USB 3.0 Host controller – is this correct? If so, when is it expected to be tested on the ASMedia XHCI Host controller and on the Intel Ivy Bridge chipset USB 3.0 Host Controller?

If you want to send me an x64 Checked build of the driver, I can send you the debug log if that helps.

FYI, the 32-bit driver seems to work on 32-bit XP with an Intel USB 2.0 Host Controller.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just in case anyone else has a problem with the DVK on an Asmedia USB 3.0 host controller port, Cypress technical support adviced me that this is a known issue with the ASMedia host controller and to  download the latest xHCI driver stack version 1.10.1.0 to resolve this issue.

I tested with 1.10.0.0 from the motherboard manufactuers website and the problem is resolved.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

ReleaseNotes.pdf of the SuperspeedSuiteUSB has this documented. Our release notes is the best place to look for known issues and solutions.

Regards,

Anand

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi,

I disabled Driver Signature Enforcement while Booting up, because I'm using windows 7 64 bit. However, the x64 driver is not visible only the x86. Has anybody an idea how to fix the problem?

Thanks Anna

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ensure that when installing the Cypress SDK you select to install for 64bit if you do not the x64 folder with the driver will not be present.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

aasi: Is there any new information about the signing state of the DVK and bootloader driver?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is plan to sign the driver. I'll check the VID/PID being signed and timeline on it and get back to you.

Regards,

Anand 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should choose "Custom" instead of "Typical"  in the installation process. After you choose "Custom", you will see the choices including "x64" driver. Select "x64" and you will see this "x64" driver folder after the installation. 

Good luck,

David

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is clear, but nevertheless the driver isn´t signed at the moment. So you always have to use the F8 hack at every boot up.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

To avoid the annoying F8 boot, sign the driver with a test certificate. You can find the gory details here:

http://www.minasi.com/newsletters/nws0903.htm

Adrian

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

X64 drive is   under the   ”programfiles“,if the  software  is 32bit, there  X86 is  use the "x86" folder

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We're having trouble to install the Fx3 x64 dirver on win7.

we used CySuiteUSB3_x64_B562.msi to install the Bootloader and disable the Signal verification when bootup, but still can have the driver installed.  Code(10) was the error.

The Update Manager shows EZ-USB FX3 SDK 1.2.1.

cyusb3.inf:

;%VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX.DeviceDesc%=CyUsb3, USB\VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX
%VID_04B4&PID_00F0.DeviceDesc%=CyUsb3, USB\VID_04B4&PID_00F0
%VID_04B4&PID_00F1.DeviceDesc%=CyUsb3, USB\VID_04B4&PID_00F1
%VID_04B4&PID_00F3.DeviceDesc%=CyUsb3, USB\VID_04B4&PID_00F3
%VID_04B4&PID_4720.DeviceDesc%=CyUsb3, USB\VID_04B4&PID_4720

Device Manager:

Cypress USB BootLoader with Yellow triangle Exclamation.

Appriciated.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can you please attach screenshot showing the error in device manager (right click on the device with exclamation, select 'Properties' and select General tab). Also check and let us know what is the VID/PID being shown in the device manager (right click on the device with exclamation, select 'Properties' and select  'Details' tab; select 'Hardware IDs' from lsit box).

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to trouble you. I guess I have the same error.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more picture.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

It is just because of unsigned inf file. In order to overcome this, while system bootup, press F8 and select "Diable driver signature enforcement" option. 

However, I would like to check one thing. FX3 SDK usually comes with signed inf file, signed for the following Cypress VID/PID pairs:

1. 0x04B4/ 0x00F0

2. 0x04B4/ 0x00F1

3. 0x04B4/ 0x00F3

4. 0x04B4/ 0x4720

Did you modify the inf file being used to bind the driver? If so, it will become unsigned, then this error/ warning is expected.

Regards,

Gayathri

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a million. I used original inf file. I will try to follow your recomendation.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well,

I finally understood. The old driver version is strored in Driver Store and spoiled the game. Now all work normally.

Thank you again for help. 🙂

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

You are welcome.. 

0 Likes