WICED Sense UUIDs

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have obtained a couple of these devices and wish to write an application (using Cordova).  I have discovered a bunch of non-registered UUIDs.  Where is the list of what these are and what can be done with them?  I imagine I could find this in the android or IoS sources but there has to be a better way.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Paul,

We list them in the FW Source code.

Start here: WICED SENSE Kit BLOG

Source code is here:

WICED Sense SDK 2.1 Firmware.zip

Here is FW Source Code video walk thru.

WICED Sense Firmware Walk-Thru Video

Thanks

JT

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Paul,

We list them in the FW Source code.

Start here: WICED SENSE Kit BLOG

Source code is here:

WICED Sense SDK 2.1 Firmware.zip

Here is FW Source Code video walk thru.

WICED Sense Firmware Walk-Thru Video

Thanks

JT

Anonymous
Not applicable
0 Likes

I have fixed the link that tjaekel provide and the thread is not enabled within this community.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx. That's a start.  It seems to say that to enable notifications the app should write 0x0001 to service

739298b687b64984a5dcbdc18b068985  characteristic 33ef91133b55413eb553fea1eaada459

I have tried that and get back "Service not found".  Is the above a correct interpretation of the above-referenced posting?

Thx Paul

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

This gives a good idea about how the firmware works but is not very clear as to how application software would use the standard WICED sense.  For example, how does an application enable notifications?

0 Likes

Take a look at the Hello_Sensor app inside of the SDK as notifications are enabled inside of that profile: Multiple Notifications in an App...?

0 Likes