Does WICED support MQTT protocol? If not, are there any plans to incorporate it in the future?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am considering using MQTT for communication between the controller and server because it is really light-weight and compatible for IoT. Does WICED support this protocol? If not, any future plans to support it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We are are currently working on integrating MQTT, but there is no fixed time yet to when we are going to release it.

Regards,

Bassem

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

We are are currently working on integrating MQTT, but there is no fixed time yet to when we are going to release it.

Regards,

Bassem

CaWo_1798781
Level 3
Level 3
5 likes given First like received First like given

With the permission of mods, I can post a reference to a library that I've been using quite reliably.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you can attach files to your reply (use Advanced editor) and I can grab it from there.

Regards,

Bassem

0 Likes

Click Reply

Use Advanced Editor (top right corner)

Attach (bottom right corner)

If there are multiple files, place them into a .zip file first, then attach the Zip file.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for the link. We are aware of the Paho project for Embedded MQTT. However we think it a bit heavy for some of our platforms this is why we are investigating either to patch some parts of it or to rewrite a more lighter version.

Regards,

Bassem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Cary,

Did you happen to do a documentation of how to port paho Matt to wicked?

0 Likes

Hey shatruddha - were you able to manage the port?

0 Likes