Configuration of FX3 in Firmware so as to use it as in Slave-FIFO interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I am using FX3 as a Device controller used for USB3.0 communication wih a Host controller. So for data fetching i am interfacing FX3 with a processor on Slave-FIFO mode. 

So i am looking for documents so that i can configure the firmware code so as to use it as a Slave for data fetching.

Thanks

0 Likes
7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please refer to the following application note on Slave FIFO interface. You can find the source code as an attachement to the same application note.

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=51581

Thanks,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I am on the PCB Designing stage of the Device Board using FX3. So it will be very helpfull if i get details regarding Design & Layout Guidelines for FX3.

Also i need help in following queries:

1. Stack Up details.

2. Standard Trace Width and Trace Spacing for USB3.0 & USB2.0 Differential Signals.

3. Impedance of GPIF signals.

Thanks

Vivek

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

And i am using Slave-FIFO in Synchronous mode for 16 bit Data line with 2 bit Address Bus.

So what all configuration i have to do inside Source Code for this?

Regards

Vivek

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please refer to the following application note to get better idea on hardware design guidelines

http://www.cypress.com/?rID=53203

Regards,

sai krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

And i am using Slave-FIFO in Synchronous mode for 16 bit Data line with 2 bit Address Bus.

So what all configuration i have to do inside Source Code for this?

Pls reply ASAP

Thanks

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

You need to do the following change:

#define CY_FX_SLFIFO_GPIF_16_32BIT_CONF_SELECT (0) in cyfxslfifosync.h.

Also, please make sure that your GPIF II project is built by selecting the data bus width of 16-bit.

Thanks,

Sai Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi ,

I am doing Pre Routing Signal Integrity Analysis for the FX3 controller USB lines( TX , Rx and D+/-).

So in according to the EYE PATTERN specified in USB 3.0 architecture, we are getting proper eye pattern for RXp and RXn & D+ and D-.

But for TXp and TXn we are getting signals which are not over lapping to each other.

when I removed AC capacitor, both are over lapping each other.

I have attached image file for TX pairs with having AC capacitor and without AC capacitor.

So kindly help us whether the eye pattern are correct.

Thanks 

Vivek

0 Likes