Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

Files in Cypress' Generic USB Mass Storage Class Driver Installer"

Files in Cypress' Generic USB Mass Storage Class Driver Installer"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Question: How to use several "Generic  Mass storage class  drivers "   available from cypress for  ATA/ATAPI  compatible products like  ISD-200,ISD-300,ISD-300LP,AT2,AT2LP ?

Answer:

The following is a list of files installed by the generic Cypress USB Mass Storage driver installer with their descriptions and installation locations.  Note that all files are ALSO installed to [WINDIR]\Drivers\ .

. CY_BG.exe - Background application - [WINDIR]

. CY_COINS.dll - Coinstaller library - installed by PnP only

. CY_FX_AT.inf - AT2, AT2LP, FX, FX2 and FX2LP driver setup information - installed by PnP only

. CY_FX_AT.sys - AT2, AT2LP, FX, FX2 and FX2LP driver - [WINDIR]\System32\Drivers

. CY_IOSMP.sys - I/O subsystem filter driver - [WINDIR]\System32\Drivers (Win9X only)

. CY_IOSTB.inf - I/O subsystem port driver setup information - [WINDIR]\INF (Win9X only)

. CY_IOSTB.pdr - I/O subsystem port driver - [WINDIR]\System\Iosubsys (Win9X only)

. CY_NI9X.exe - Notification tray icon application for Windows 98 and ME - [WINDIR]

. CY_NINT.exe - Notification tray icon application for Windows 2000 and XP - [WINDIR]

. CY_UI16.dll - 16-bit user interface library - [WINDIR]\System32 (Win9X only)

. CY_UI32.dll - 32 bit user interface library - [WINDIR]\System32

. CY_UN.exe - PnP Uninstaller - [WINDIR]

. CY_X00.inf - ISD-200, ISD-300, and ISD-300LP driver setup information - installed by PnP only

. CY_X00.sys - ISD-200, ISD-300, and ISD-300LP driver - [WINDIR]\System32\Drivers

Each of the ATA/ATAPI  device (ISD-200,ISD-300,ISD-300LP,AT2,AT2LP) driver  is compatible with certain  Windows OS versions release.

Windows Mass Storage Driver v.6.01   is  the  latest  package  to offer all  these set of drivers.

Refer to CustomizingVID_PID.pdf  in this package  and  follow step  by  step  methods explained  there to  install the relevant  drivers  for the corresponding  ATA/ATAPI device.

0 Likes
Contributors