Question: Can you give me a comprehensive list of resources that I can use to design applications using PSoC 1, PowerPSoC, and PLC devices?
This article provides the complete list of PSoC 1, Power PSoC, and PLC resources that can help you get started with these devices and design your applications with them.
If you are new to the PSoC family of devices and the PSoC Designer™ development tool, read the supplemental material available within the PSoC Designer integrated development environment (IDE). Launch PSoC Designer and navigate to the following items:
- User Guide: Select the menu item: Help > Documentation. Go to the folder Designer Specific Documents and open the IDE User Guide. This guide provides you with comprehensive information about PSoC Designer.
- Example Projects Browser: Click Launch Example Browser on the Start page. These example projects demonstrate how to configure and use the user modules.
The Cypress website at www.cypress.com has additional resources for your learning needs:
Training videos: The Cypress website has several videos for PSoC 1. These videos are located at: http://www.cypress.com/?id=1573&rtID=337. Some of the listed videos are:
- Introduction to PSoC 1
- Introduction to PSoC 1 Architecture and Design Flow
- My First PSoC Designer Project
- Introduction to PSoC 1 Kit Classification and Selector Guide
Application Notes (ANs): Application notes are available on the Cypress website to assist you with designing your PSoC application:
- A list of PSoC 1 ANs is available at http://www.cypress.com/?id=1573&rtID=76
- A list of PowerPSoC ANs is available at http://www.cypress.com/?id=1578&rtID=76
- A list of PowerPSoC design guides is available at http://www.cypress.com/?id=1578&rtID=435
- A list of PLC ANs is available at http://www.cypress.com/?id=2330&rtID=76
Here are a few application notes that can help you get started with developing PSoC 1 applications:
- AN75320 - Getting Started with PSoC 1
- AN74170 - PSoC 1 Analog Structure and Configuration with PSoC Designer
- AN73617 - PSoC Designer Boot Process, From Reset to Main
- AN73212 - Debugging with PSoC 1
- AN32200 - PSoC 1 - Clocks and Global Resources
- AN2010 - PSoC 1 Best Practices and Recommendation
- AN2041 - Understanding PSoC 1 Switched Capacitor Analog Blocks
- AN2014 - Basics of PSoC® 1 Programming
- AN47310 - PSoC® 1 Power Savings Using Sleep Mode
- AN50987 - Getting Started with I2C in PSoC® 1
- AN2094 - PSoC® 1 - Getting Started with GPIO
The following application notes and design guides can help you get started with developing PowerPSoC applications:
- CY8CLED0xx0x - PowerPSoC® Firmware Design Guidelines, Lighting Control Interfaces
- CY8CLED0xx0x: Topology and Design Guide for Circuits using PowerPSoC®
- CY8CLED0xx0x PowerPSoC® – Hardware Design Guidelines
- AN56778 - PowerPSoC - MPPT Solar Charger with Integrated LED Driver
- AN56581 - PowerPSoC - Designing LED Driver Circuits For MR-16 Lamps With DMX-512 Interface
User Module Datasheets: "User Modules" are preconfigured functions that, after placed and programmed, work as a peripheral on the target device. Each user module in PSoC Designer has an associated datasheet that describes the functionality, APIs, and electrical specifications for the hardware. To access user module datasheets in PSoC Designer, right-click the user module in the workspace explorer or the user module catalog window. You can also access user module datasheets from the Cypress website at:
In most cases, the user module datasheet provides sufficient documentation for development use. If you need additional information, refer to the technical reference manual (TRM).
Technical Reference Manuals: The TRM provides detailed descriptions of the internal architecture of PSoC 1, PowerPSoC, and PLC devices:
- PSoC 1 Technical Reference Manuals
- PowerPSoC Technical Reference Manual
- PLC Technical Reference Manual
Datasheets: Device datasheets list the features and electrical specifications of PSoC 1, PowerPSoC, and PLC families of devices:
Technical Support: If you have any queries or questions, our technical support team would be happy to assist you. You can create a support request at https://secure.cypress.com/myaccount/?id=25&techSupport=1, or if you are in the United States, you can talk to our technical support team by calling our toll-free number +1-800-541-4736 and then selecting option 8 at the IVR prompt.
You can also use the following support resources if you need quick assistance: