Broadcom has partnered with Inventek Systems, www,inventeksys.com, to deliver the first production modules based on the highly anticipated and very integrated BCM4334X offering. Broadcom is also working with Inventek to deliver complete turnkey hardware solutions of different form factors to readily enable Wi-Fi, BLE and NFC connectivity in system design.
Come join our IoT Workshop and learn the latest innovations in connecting the physical world to the internet!
The BCM4334X is a single–chip integrated quad radio (WLAN/BT 4.1/FM/& Near Field Communications [NFC], with integrated low noise amplifiers (LNAs) and a transmit/receive (Tx/Rx) switch which offers a level of integration that greatly reduces the external part count, PCB footprint, and overall cost of the embedded wireless solution.
Broadcom's WICED™ (Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices), &SMART (Embedded Bluetooth Low Energy), is a very low-power family of pin-compatible devices that, when paired vastly reduces the effort required to add “Bluetooth Smart” wireless connectivity for a wide range of IoT embedded applications.
Inventek's proprietary IWIN (Inventek Wireless Interoperability Network), firmware is a very compelling and user friendly protocol to ensure maximum optimization and seamless integration of WICED. In addition, Inventek also provides customers Cloud-ready Agent FW, IWINC (Inventek Wireless Interoperability Network for Clouds) to enable IoT platforms to seamlessly connect to target Cloud Owners and/or Providers.
Broadcom is leading the way with Apple MFi HomeKit ready and Universal Bluetooth Smart to WLAN combo chip designs, all of which allow Developers to create secure embedded wireless networking applications on an existing microcontroller, or on an additional WICED module that includes a microcontroller.
Join us for an in depth discussion and workshop to accelerate your IoT requirements and overall strategy!
During this session attendees will receive an overview of Broadcom’s WICED Smart and WICED Wi-Fi IoT solutions, as well as Inventek's HW & SW portfolio for IoT solutions including a glimpse into the Roadmap for these products. In addition, hands-on demos will be provided which include detailed technical discussion on both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy software and hardware topics which affect today’s embedded IoT developer.
- 9:30am – 3:30pm (break for lunch)
- Overview of Broadcom’s current WICED Wi-Fi development environment including a WICED Wi-Fi roadmap
- Wi-Fi Overview including design challenges and cloud integration
- Overview of the Inventek product offering included detailed discussion of both their interoperability (IWIN) and Cloud Agent (IWINC) firmware
- Demo of the eS-WiFi AT Command Set
- BCM43341 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth Combo Chip Overview
- Introduction to the Inventek ISM43340 Module
- Wi-Fi to BLE Bridge Demo using the Inventek USB based BCM4334X Development Kit
- Free Seminar
- Through Avnet
Dates, Locations & Times:
Location Date Avnet Address/Seminar Location
- Irvine, CA 4/29/2015 430 Exchange, Suite 100 Irvine, California, 92602
- Los Angeles, CA 4/30/2015 20951 Burbank Blvd., Los Angeles, CA, 91367
- Toronto, Ontario 5/5/2015 6950 Creditview Rd. Unit 2 Mississauga,
- Montreal, Quebec 5/7/2015 7575 Route Transcanadienne Suite 600 ST. Laurent, Quebec, H4T 1V6
- Chicago, IL 5/12/2015 5400 Prairie Stone Pkwy, Hoffman Estates, Illinois, 60192
- Minneapolis, MN 5/14/2015 2740 American Blvd. W, Suite 150, Bloomington, MN 55431
- San Jose, CA 5/21/2015 2580 Junction Ave., San Jose, CA 95134
- Boston, MA 6/16/2015 400 River Dr., Suite 300, North Reading, MA, 01864
- Vancouver, BC 6/23/2015 4299 Canada Way, Suite 100, Vancouver, British Columbia, V5G 1H3
- Dallas, TX 7/8/2015 3101 E. President George Bush Hwy, Suite 250, Richardson, Texas 75082
2 Republic Road
Billerica, MA 01862