The Bluetooth SDK is targeted for the CYW20706, CYW20719B2, CYW20721B2, CYW20735B1, CYW20835B1, CYW20819, CYW20820, CYW89820, and the CYW43012 Wi-Fi/BT combo (for embedded Bluetooth development only). ModusToolbox 2.2 with the Bluetooth SDK 2.8 provides a complete development environment to allow you to quickly create Bluetooth enabled IoT solutions like audio devices, beacons and trackers, hid devices, smart watches, medical devices, and home automation platforms.
The Bluetooth SDK includes:
- Bluetooth firmware
- Platform and board support packages
- Utilities including BTSpy trace, Manufacturing Bluetooth test tool, Client Control, and Mesh Client control
- Peer apps for OTA and Mesh
- A rich set of WICED™ connectivity APIs that allow for simplified programming of BT/BLE connectivity
- Various sample applications that serve as examples of how to utilize the BT/BLE APIs
- More complex code examples that utilize various APIs and middleware to create a more complete solution
Notes for Installing Bluetooth SDK 2.8 with ModusToolbox 2.2:
- Note: If a previous version of BT SDK2.x was installed and needs to be preserved, you will need to create a new workspace project in order to pull in Bluetooth SDK 2.8 and avoid overwriting previous versions.
- Within the IDE, click the “New Application” link in the Quick Panel
- Alternatively, you can select File -> New -> ModusToolbox IDE Application
- This will launch the Project Creator. In Project Creator, click on "WICED Bluetooth BSPs"
- Next, select the evaluation board you are using with Bluetooth SDK
- Now you will select a template application.
- Click Create.
- Click Close.